• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trucks are rolling

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trucks are rolling

I am in Wyoming at the moment and everyday on my way to and from work, I see the Canadian cattle trucks rolling down the interstate. They are easy to pick out with the 3 axle trailers.
    In spite of what the (C)Kreeky brothers say, it looks like their is a big demand for Canadian beef here.

spudchucker---"In spite of what the (C)Kreeky brothers say, it looks like their is a big demand for Canadian beef here. "
    -------------------

Because your buddies the multinational Packers can obtain it cheaper-- relabel it with a USDA sticker and pass it off as US beef at a bigger profit to them...

They are playing us and the border to their gain....

But Canadians keep kissing their hineys as long as they think they can get on the US gravy train...

Comment

Willowcreek - spokeman for Rcalf says - "They are playing us and the border to their gain...."

Two nights in a row Willowcreek. Did you start new meds or something.

Comment

Spudchucker: What is the weather like there? Kind of cold up here in the Great Frozen North.

Willowcreek: I noted your comment to the effect that there is a gravy train for U.S. cattle producers and we Canadians are just want to get on it.

I am sure most U.S. cattlemen would point out to you that if there is a gravy train in the U.S. the only ones getting the gravy is the packers.

Prior to May 2003 there was a gravy train for Montana cattle producers. Only the gravy ran north to Alberta feedlots. Hundreds of thousands of Montana's calves came north which surely must have been reflected in higher feeder prices locally.

I have never been able to understand the R-Calf anti Alberta sentiment coming from Montana. Alberta is Montana's logical market for calves but all you see is the fats going south as a problem that needs to be stopped and not the potential for feeders going north with the resulting higher prices for local cattle producers.

It is my understanding that producers in Texas welcome the opportunity to import Mexican live cattle. They see trucks rolling north into the U.S. from Mexico as opportunity. At least some of the good people of Montana as well as North Dakota see trucks going south as a threat to their livelihoods.

Personally, I think the Texans have a better grasp of the situation. A strong cattle industry in Canada does offer the potential for a renewed market for northern tier states calves. I have said it before and I will say it again. The restrictions to trade in live cattle and beef do not benefit the cattle producers of either country. I can only presume someone is benefitting however and I will leave it up to you to figure out who that is.

Comment

To understand this better farmers_son, I needed to understand the beginnings of Rcalf better myself. Primary producers need a watchdog. In fact even more than that they need a packing industry.

But let's stick with the watch dog for now. A few good old boys down there in the Montana hills, who just so happened to own some feedlots and especially Auction markets, saw this need as an opportuntiy for some self profit. Let's start a group called Rcalf they said, and beat the drum of patriotism, and homeland. Let's say we will fight those lousy packers til the day we die. AND our Auction barns and feedlots will not olnly remain viable, but will thrive. To hell with other business's that may suffer from trade with that damn Canadian beef elephant to the north, we will survive, and thrive.

Of c

Comment

To understand this better farmers_son, I needed to understand the beginnings of Rcalf better myself. Primary producers need a watchdog. In fact even more than that they need a packing industry.

But let's stick with the watch dog for now. A few good old boys down there in the Montana hills, who just so happened to own some feedlots and especially Auction markets, saw this need as an opportuntiy for some self profit. Let's start a group called Rcalf they said, and beat the drum of patriotism, and homeland. Let's say we will fight those lousy packers til the day we die. AND our Auction barns and feedlots will not olnly remain viable, but will thrive. To hell with other business's that may suffer from trade with that damn Canadian beef elephant to the north, we will survive, and thrive.

Of course the last part of that mission statement does not appear on the Rcalf web page, nor on the membership form.

A few darn good folks were sucked into this Rcalf propoganda, and others like Willowcreek are simply to pig headed to admit it.

Thanks for your post farmer_son, just wish that ABP/CCA would try to reach the lost souls of Rcalf rather than simply blaming them for a closed border which is nothing more than an opportuntiy for the packer think tank, and the theives in the top ranks at Rcalf to manipulate in their favor.

Comment

Rkaiser: I think we will see the BSE issue with the U.S. take a decidely new turn. As of yesterdays announcement of a deal with North Korea it is my impression that we no longer have to bend over backwards to reason with our U.S. neighbours who to put it nicely, can be a little unreasonable at time.

The only ones who will be kissing hineys will be the Americans when they come begging for our oil. Overnight BSE has become a political non issue. Come on R-Calf, pucker up.

Watch those truckers roll, ten four.

Comment

Farmers Son: It has been warm, up to 40 degrees F. It has cooled down now to about 12 degrees F. It warms my heart though to see all that Canadian beef moving!

Comment

F-S why would they have to kiss any hinneys when we as in cowman and the rest of the oil patch cant wait to give the oil to them as long as we get a pittance What was the coment Get it while the good times roll? And to hell with the hearafter.

Comment

I am mostly a grain farmer (have 50 cows) in Sask. but nothing I mean nothing can beat Canadian barley fed beef compared to that lower quality corn fed beef.

Keep them trucks rollin, It think we have a convoy,rubberduck.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...