• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drilling Operations Your Concerns

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drilling Operations Your Concerns

Please address your concerns in point form..

oilman, the concerns with the drilling operation will vary from contractor to contractor.

One contractor drilling a well on my farm bent over backwards to ensure that the operations ran with as little inconvenience as possible. The crews were courteous, used some brains when travelling to and from the rig on the county roads, and kept all garbage in containers on the lease.

Another contractor drilling on the same land was the complete opposite. Garbage was left all over the field, the sump wall breeched allowing contents to spill out on the pasture. Fences were left down, my cattle were on the lease during drilling operations, then were out on the main road etc. Every day during drilling I had to drive through the fields, make sure the fences were in place, and if there was garbage I would call the push and ask that he have it picked up. Interestingly enough a family member was truck push for a tank truck firm during the time the drilling was taking place, the push called for a tank truck and proceeded to tell my family member what an old B____ I was, complaining all the time etc. I can guarantee you that got back to the head office in Calgary in the form of a letter, and attitudes changed in a hurry. No landowner should be required to defend their attitude or actions when a drilling contractor and the oil company aren't following the agreement they signed.

Sorry this isn't in point form, but I provide the comments for your information.

Comment

thanks coppertop I realized after I posted it that it would be hard to point form concerns,as each is specific to each company and each landowners concerns. I have had similar complaints cross my desk and I only hope our drilling contractor was the one that bent over backward. The way to resolve problems is to get them on the table ,I know one that has doubts of the intention of this posting ,everybody has an opinion and we can all learn from each other only if we are up front with each other. Cowman I have read your posting on this site ever since I attended the Aberdeen meeting and you keep mentioning how greedy you are and that you fully support CBM , I see we have one thing in common and it is not Greed.For you to label these posting as fake may make one to assume you do not want to support constructive dialoque

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...
      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.