• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Landman Issues

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Landman Issues

Please post your concerns in point form of your concerns..

Attitude when dealing with landowner.
    Condescending attitude when dealing with female who just happens to be landowner.
    Promising the moon during negotiations then reneging on those promises before the final lease is signed.
    Not taking landowners concerns regarding livestock safety, fencing requirements, alternative access to parcels of land seriously.

The list will likely be extremely long before the rest of the contributors to this site are through, the above are just some of my concerns.

Comment

Thanks coppertop I realize the list well be long but maybe it will open a better dialoque between industry and landowners. You previously mentioned respect and education. A solution to this could be a industry supported program in numerous communties that would educated landowners about each agreement or surface lease that is involved . The program could be very similar to one I just attended on Estate Planning.
      No cowman this is not fake. I am trying to get a better feel for what the concerns are but if you are only interested in the money and not the concerns of others you do not have to participate. The Canadian Society Unconventional Gas supported a program named Agriculture 101 which was a first step in industry being educated on farm and ranch issues. I believe the Farmers Advocate is going to putting this on at various industry functions and I seriously think it could be expanded.

Comment

I will contact a friend who is with the Farmer's Advocate to see what sort of courses are being planned. Each surface lease agreement is unique so it is highly unlikely that the pantyhose concept will work.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.