• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

35-27 EUB and Industry challenged for past violations

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

35-27 EUB and Industry challenged for past violations

It seems that several landowners has put forward concerns that show that the EUB may have allowed industry to violate environmental regulations and covered this up from the area landowners at the meeting. I have heard humours that 2 existing wells have been drilled in water courses that flow into a permanent waterbody containing the only native fish in the project area and that a well was drilled too close to the high water mark of the same waterbody. I took a drive around to see for myself and its true. I then checked out the maps given out of the area at the Jan. 31st meeting and this pothole lake was erased from the map of the township along with the creek that flows into it and another permanent water boby on uigh ground to the northwest that would most likely be the arae for local aquifer recharge; I guess I would need to check the county water study to be sure. I've been down this way in the summer and noticed western grebes nesting there, doesn't that indicate that there is fish? I've noticed that the farmer to the east fences his cattle out of the water and that others have maintained the raparian areas of this watershed that eventally feeds the larger lake a mile and a half farther south. It doesn't seem right that the efforts of these landowners should be nulified by the indutry and the EUB. This troubles me what about you?
    I also heard that some of the existing CBM wells have Been singled out for a bond log audit by area landowners taking the opportunitee to determine if the wells are the cause of the problems they are having with groundwater quality in there wells.
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...