• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Unabashed Self Promotion!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Unabashed Self Promotion!!!

Went down and semen tested the best set of bulls we have raised in my "not so long career" today.

Pictures are only pictures, but let me know what you all think. Even you Willowherefordhater.You know how we all value your opinion hear in Canada.

http://www.teamauctionsales.com/
    Kaiser's Celtic Cattle

Hope those new American owners of Agriville don't kick us off for advertising hay Mr. Wilson.

Just send me royalties for my eyecatching thread title Master Kaiser lol.

Comment

I'll get you a little cut off the 48R bull.

Comment

Hey Randy, have you got your sale catalog online somewhere? I'd like to see what you're trying to pass off this year as bulls, but <ahem> I appear to have been missing from your mailing list. :P

Good luck on your sale this year. I hope you rake in some bucks to pay for that spiffy new house

Rod

Comment

You can't hate all herefords just because you've known some bad ones. Same, you can't hate all Americans because, well, you get the jist.
          Willowherefordhater. That's funny. I wouldn't mind comeing to your sale if I can make it, Randy. Haven't seen your hairy buggers for a long time. Nothing wrong with a little Canadian, hairy cow pride. I have it in abundance myself and done quite well with my cattle even amongst the whiteface haters. (Theres lots and most with good reason... a lot of non credible breeders out there...same as in any business). You go Randy. Oh, and Wilson, I have to say, you are quite the formidable opponant when someone chooses to knock what you believe in. I bet your hockey team don't lose none too often either! Have a good day all! Thanks for reading!

Comment

Thanks whitey - and check out the team site Rod. Full catalog on the listing page of Team. Just click on the best black bull on their home page. Don't worry, if you click on the bull, that does not mean that you bought him. At least not until sale day!!!!!

Comment

Your catalog is in the mail Rod, along with all the rest. Only sent them out on Wednesday of this week.

Comment

randy, I wish you all the best at your sale, if all the hard work and promotion for your breed equate into dollars you should be a well heeled millionaire after the gavel drops on the final lot !!!

Comment

Some useful looking bulls Randy. Some of the Galloways are getting as big (weight wise)as I'd like to see them. Personally I would rather rear bulls through their second winter on an all forage diet rather than have them in a feedlot environment. I really like the 102R bull looking at the pictures, also the 73R bull. I see that you are using linear assesment on them now which interests me. What age do you measure them at? do you do it yourself or is that done at the feedlot facility? We are just starting to use this method of selection and have some very pleasing results on our senior herd bull.
                  It's remarkable how similar your bulls look - lots #21 and #22 in the catalogue are almost identical ;o)
                  Good luck when your sale comes around, there definitely seems to be a demand for our types of cattle - hair'n all!

Comment

I know grassfarmer, we screwed up the catalog. I was supposed to be proofing and only looked at the text.

We're measuring them at about 20 months. Both last year and this year. Hired Brady Wobesor to measure for me as he has a lot of experience and also has the formula and computer program.

Just another tool grassfarmer, but one that we will continue to use. It seems that it fits my ideal as I picked the two herd bulls from last years group before we measured and they were two of the top scoring bulls.

FYI the 102 bull scored second, but I guess you already read that in the catalog.

I am a very happy with the bull's condition at Lakeland College this year. Kept the ration on the low grain end and the bulls look great.

If looks were not so important in a bull sale grassfarmer, I would tend to agree with the forage diet thing --- but for now ------

Far rather push up the diet on a coming two year old bull after a backgrounded yearling ration than the conventional method of feeding and selling yearlings.

One step at a time old boy, one step at a time.

Comment

Thanks Randy, I missed the link under the Seq#. Some good lookin' bulls this year, and nary a mention of 'fed to genetic potential'

Rod

Comment

just got the catalogue-are the heifers selling with papers and what's the freight to God's country going to be.

Comment

I thought there was no freight to God's country, just a death certificate. Freight only applied the other way.

Yes the heifers will be papered, and negotiating for trucking is always the fun part. I just hate paying for booze when I can trade for it. Why not bring down a liner Mr. Wilson?

Comment

i'll be in a hockey rink on sale day lol.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...
                            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.