• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Government miserly with aid?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Government miserly with aid?

Hi All
    Just been reading the headlines in the Western Producer about your government aid package.
    Sounds familiar again the same reasons are used here to explain why we must suffer.
    Is it not time we tried to help ourselves, how desparate do we have to be before we learn co-operate and try to get a sensible price for our products.
    We have all been comunicating on this site for the last few weeks and although none of us have ever met, I think we have learnt to respect one another.
    I do not believe we need that guy from farmcorp to charge us $100 to improve prices.
    I believe if we take this respect and realise we ALL want the same thing. We could do just like the fert. guys have done.
    DOUBLE PRICES IN ONE SEASON!!!!!
    How did they pull it off.
    The story they tell over here is. They were sick of selling fert at a loss, subsidising production from other parts of their organisations, so this is the break even price. TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT.
    The first part of the story sounds just like my farm.
    So why can't we do like them???
    We do own all the wheat etc.
    Parsley says you don't have to offer it to the CWB
    We just need to co-operate so they take some from us all and no-one gets left with everything. Thats why we need to comunicate and trust each other.
    BUT NOW WE CAN ON SITES LIKE THIS FOR FREE
    Is anybody willing to at least give something like this a try?
    Or are you not that desperate yet??
    If it works for our imputs why not our production?
    WE ARE NOT A SPECIAL CASE.

Regards Ian

Ian,

You mean sort of like a wheat cartel within the "designated area" the could force the CWB to negotiate with us?

We could not sell to this group... but if the cartel actually produced the wheat and had it to sell as the actual producer, then the CWB would be stuck negotiating with it.

And section 39.1 of the CWB Act could be used against the pooling argument, as the CWB can buy from any entity, at any price!

What do you think?

Comment

Hi Tom
      I notice our suppliers never use this word cartel so perhaps we shouldn't either.
      They call it monitering prices, my wife has a part-time job checking fruit and veg prices in two super-markets for an independant research company. But who are this companies customers? Other super-markets?
      They call it chargeing what the market will stand. I think you said that was blackmail earlier.
      Look up that bigmac web-site I suggested to CharlieP, www.economist.com,somewhere it gives the price of bigmacs round the world
      How do they decide what to charge for a bigmac???
      They have competition.
      They have varing demand.
      They have happy repeat customers.
      No-one asks the price of a bigmac, they just say how many they want.
      This is what I call 21st century marketing and I think we farmers must learn how to do it.
      Parsley says they were all grey haired men at that no8 meeting so we have not much time to sort it out with or without the CWB.
      My views on the CWB are that it is not providing what the farmers want better prices.
      However I don't think the freedom fighters have the answer either and could possibilly make thing worse.
      If you surf around you will find the problem are the same world-wide.Every-one dissatisfied with prices urged to diversify blaming every Tom Dick and Harry for their plight.

WE MUST HELP OURSELVES.

Regards Ian

Comment

Ian,

I suggest the reason for the "group" could be benificial by stabilizing prices. This would be good for both farmers and consumers!

I know a hog producer that has a long term contract, at an above average return on investment, that has input cost clauses and a very desirable contact.

I exchange if the hog market doubles, he still gets what he signed up to, not the higher price!

This is the problem with the CWB, they say that we can play both ends against the middle, but we always end up short!

The big gamble play only works out 1 in 100 times, and the rest of the time if we are shooting for this goal, we lose big time. Better slow and steady, dependable and reliable, than the hot shot that is up $2 million and then down $5 million!

What do you think?

Comment

I do believe you boys have got the message. You're starting to sound like that chicken herder. Chas

Comment

Chas,

I think we are on the same page for the most part!

Now how do we get the CWB speculative greed of pooling accounts into a stabilisation steady contract that fulfills both end users and wheat and barley producer's needs?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...