• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unabashed Self Promotion!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unabashed Self Promotion!!!

If any of you get the Genex A'I catalogue check out the Horned Hereford bull on page 63-I just leased him to them. I looked along time to find the right Hereford bull to raise baldies from and to breed Angus heifers too. If anybody decides to use him on black heifers let me know-I need a hundred plus baldie daughters off him for a customer.

Looks pretty good Mr. Wilson. How old was he in the picture? Dark hooves? What about a mature weight? I was talking to one of your neighbors about him last night, but didn't know who you had the deal with.

Comment

HEREFORD !!!!!!! Didn't realise you were an antique dealer.

Comment

Antique dealer. That's funny! Have a good day all!

Comment

He was probably 30 months in that picture-I haven't seen him since April he's been in the stud since then-he qualified to go to Europe so has to stay there I guess. He's not going to be a huge bull when he's done-he bred 40 cows out in the Hussar hills as a yearling then ran out till Christmas. As you can see he's had some warm blankets at the A'I stud. I bought him on the soundness of his mother,grandmother etc-he comes from a long line of good uddered cows who get by on grass. There's still a place on any ranch for good baldy cows and I'm confidant he's the bull to make them.

Comment

I checked out the bull in the catalog but didn't notice any EPD's on him.

Looks like a smooth bull, lots of depth but not overly large boned which is a plus. My experience calving heifers to horned hereford bulls years ago wasn't pleasant but this guy's low birth weight is certainly a plus.

Comment

His E.P.D's are right under his picture-I've used him,his father and maternal grandsire on heifers with no troubles. I bred 40 or so to him last year-I've looked along time to find a Hereford that would calve-trust me on that one. Murray and Cam Fraser who bred him never chased the fads like some breeders so have some practical Hereford and Angus cattle. Remember though that every calf has a mother that contributes to the calving ease or difficulty there's some big BW cattle out there that are hard to find a bull to use on-after years of selling semen I've found that out.

Comment

Cswilson: Is your bull listed on this online catalogue:

http://genex.crinet.com/beef/index.php?action=BYBREED&Breed=Hereford&lang=EN

If so what is the bulls name so I can see for myself. Thanks.

Comment

thanks cswilson. I checked out the bull in the online catalog and for some reason the EPD's won't download. Likely due to the wonderful dial up connection I use out here in the boonies.

I agree with the ' every calf has a mother' comment.

Comment

He's F-R 552 Lad 20P.

Comment

try looking at
                      http://search.hereford.ca
                      Select the Animal search
                      look for tattoo
                      N 20P
                      He's the 2004 bull.

Comment

Should have our website done soon-I have a friend walking this technopeasant through it.I'll post the link as soon as were done.

Comment

I found the bull's EPD's cswilson.
                          They look pretty good. Not that I am any expert on hereford EPD's, but I do like the look of the bull and his birth weight. Now, before you start shipping semen up here to the Alberta oil patch, I doubt if I would use a hereford on these black and red limo's, but I do like black baldies so anything can happen !!!!!

Comment

Have you ever seen a set of Limo/Hfd cross females-pretty sweet deals.

Comment

Ever seen the order buyers when herefords go through the sale ring-pretty DEAD deal!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...