• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malt Barley 2001

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Malt Barley 2001

I've been to two meetings in the last month where maltsters stressed they want to develop closer relationships, working directly with famers. A few companies are offering malt contracts for 2001. Any companies out there that can share some information about those, or provide links to websites? What are farmers hearing/finding about malt contracts for new crop?

I am also looking for thoughts here. As a general comment, malt barley outlook remains favorable with the CWB new crop Special Select 2 row PRO realistic ($3.00 to $3.50 using a range). Does malt barley fit into your plans this year?

Another question is acreage shifts. How does $2.50/bu feed barley compare to $3.00/bu CPS wheat (maybe $3.25 to $3.50/bu for CWB total payments) in your budgets (based on a farm along highway 2 in alta.)? Will your neighbors grow feed barley or CPS wheat? For anyone in Manitoba/S.E. Saskatchewan, what impact will a wet spring/likelihood of another bad fusarium year have on grain seeding intentions?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...
    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.