• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need advise re: bulls

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boy this thread has some plot twists for sure lol. By the way I really kind of like it out here in sticks-they don't film any girlymen movies out my way lol.

Comment

When are you coming down out of the boonies Mr. Wilson. Maybe you could meet Whitey and I at the college at Vermillion and we could take her through a pen of real good bulls, and have a cup of coffee.

Comment

Gee Whiz, I just thought someone might think I was hijacking perfecho's thread and suggesting mine where better than his. Not the case - we could meet in that Gelbvieh bull pen as well. I'll bet there are a bunch of good ones there as well.

Comment

Depends on the hockey playoffs for me.

Comment

It depends on Wilson's hockey playoffs for me too!!!!! His team wins and he's in a good mood...I'm in! If not...
            Oh, Oh. What if he reads the riot act to me???
            You sure like to stir up trouble don't you Randy?
            Are these cattle functions like riding a bike...
            one never forgets or are y'all just trying to see if I still fit in...
            which I'm not sure that I do anymore...
            don't know that I know a good beast if it sh#t on me! LOL!
            Do miss my buddies sometimes though...
            My phone ain't ringing Kaiser! And I even have high-speed internet now!
            Actually, not this week...
            Husband is working the night shift so he sleeps during the day (when he doesn't have one or both ears open for the blasted phone calling him into work!!!) and the boy has hockey, hockey and more hockey...
            just endless how much this hockey thing is taking up. Yeah, Wilson, it'll depend on hockey for me too!!
            Have a good day all and thanks for reading!

Comment

Well don't knock hockey!
              When I was a boy I often thought the old man figured I was a complete dork, but he came to every practice, game etc. Same thing with baseball!
              Now I was a pretty chippy (dirty?) player and got in lots of fights...and actually did pretty well! The old man always thought fairly highly of me when I got in a good hard scrap and bought me a milkshake!
              Bottom line was we had a real "bonding thing" over those games.
              I actually did better at baseball and at one time had dreams of playing pro! I wasn't good enough but my old man never missed a game or tournament...and that lasted until I was in my late thirties and he died!

Comment

Well there's a hockey mom for ya lol. Too funny that the win/loss record would affect my mood lol. I'm the only coach my team is my first priority-it's all about the kids!!!

Comment

Good for you cswilson. Coaching kids, and spending time with them in sports, 4-H etc. is the best investment a parent can make.

Somehow cowman, I am not surprised to learn that you were a chippy player in your day, seems like you haven't changed much !!! LOL ! For the record I was a very devoted hockey mom, then hockey granny. #1 son decided to be a ref as well, so I not only went to watch grandson play but to heckle the ref too, which sometimes made for interesting dinner conversation for weeks afterward. Specially when he threw my FAVORITE and ONLY grandson in the penalty box when it wasn't his fault......granny led the booing at the ref on that one !!! #2 son refused to sit anywhere near his mother during those days !

Comment

Know what you call four hockey Gramma's in a hot tub?

Gorillas in the mist!!!

Just joking-I watch probably 100 plus minor hockey games at least a year. We have a great tradition in Meadow Lake of honouring a long time hockey supporter-usually a grandparent-with a lifetime minor hockey pass.

Comment

Interesting that the only 'assault' on my son, the ref, was from a granny in the stands at a peewee hockey game. She threw a water bottle at him and hit him on the helmet for putting her grandbaby in the penalty box. He was going to have her ejected from the arena until he got a look at her, she was in her 80's !!!

Comment

She'd of got tossed for more than that game in our rink-our minor hockey association has a zero tolerance for abuse of officials. It's amazing how people behave when you draw the line.it's hard to teach players composure when adults are having tantrums.

Comment

agreed. I have heard of several young hockey players that have chosen not to remain in organized hockey because their parents embarassed them at games ! Pretty sad. Mind you, I have seen parents and the odd grandparent throwing tantrums at 4-H shows because they either didn't like a decision the judge made or the way the show was run.

Kids should play sports to enjoy themselves and get excercise, should be in 4-H to learn and give back to their community through various projects, not to be pressured into winning every single game or show.

Comment

Well Mr. Wilson - those Saskatchewan boys finished us off in the B final today down in Lethbridge. Heck of a tourney though and my kid the Goaler got the MVP in the second game.

Comment

who were you playing. Our Bantams just won a AA tourney in Vegreville a week or so ago.

Comment

The team that beat us was from Regina. A midget.

Yer 48R bull doesn't want to stop packin it on Mr. Wilson. Jan. 30 weight 1755.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...