• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

snowmobilers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

snowmobilers

I am getting very annoyed at these people snowmobiling! They drive at all hours of the night waking up my kids aged 1 and 2 1/2. Its bad enough that my kids wake up 3 or more times a night as it is little own getting woken up by these joyriders! Don't get me wrong, I love sledding as much as the next guy but there is no need to come within 50 yards of my house at night with these new machines that are noisier than my 400 hp tractor!!!

You could do what that chap outside of Edmonton did a few years back. He took his big John Deere tractor and ran over one machine that was stuck in the snow. He got charged but was cleared as he said "his foot slipped off of the clutch".

I really don't know what the answer is...perhaps 'letters to the editor' of your local paper? I would say that it is more a matter of attitude...these people don't have a clue. Hard to legislate against these people as they really don't care.

Comment

Our elderly neighbor had painstakingly planted two rows of shelterbelt trees several years back. At 80 plus years, he watered those trees, kept them weed free - you get the picture. Then snowmobilers started going from the ditch into his field where he had planted the trees. He posted it, but basically to no avail as they kept running over the trees. Putting a couple of bigger stakes at the ends did put somewhat of a damper on the joyriders.

It just seems as though some people have little respect for others and their property these days. This age of instant gratification and doing what's best for me is getting a little bit old.

Dfarms, I bet if you were combining through the night, they wouldn't have any problem complaining about the noise. As for solutions, I'm not sure what to suggest.

When we lived in the city many years back, our neighbor had a pie shaped lot that backed onto the back alley. People kept driving closer and closer to his fence and ruined the grass he had planted. What he did was put a huge spike into the ground, fairly close to the fence. Don't really know the outcome of that because we moved away, but he felt it was a solution.

Comment

Well lets see I think that you need to make some snow ridges as there is a lot of ground drifting?, just space them so that it makes there life a little bumpier? lol.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...