• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bred cow sales?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bred cow sales?

Both grassfarmer and Horse indicated the cows are a moving? I hope to get down to Innisfail today for the cow sale.
    I got the feeling this past summer that something was happening. A lot of empty pastures and a lot of small cow/calf operations had no cattle around, corrals obviously not used the winter before and lots of unused hay in rows. I thought it was probably just my area? You know...older population getting out?
    So how general is this trend and where are these cows going? Absolutely no one expanding here...but those cows got to be going somewhere?

I spoke to someone last night that had spoken to a market operator (Drayton Valley)who reckoned 80% of the cows had gone for slaughter, only 20% of the younger and better cows headed back out into the countryside. I don't know how true that is.

Comment

I spoke to the owner of the market in Drayton two weeks ago and his comment was that XL was buying up about 30% of the cattle at each sale.

Comment

Lots of cows coming to town here (S.AB), and lots going back into other herds. The lemming rush seems to be on. Guys getting out all over. It could be the opposite here, 80% going back into other herds, only the grannys headed for a hook.

Comment

By Xcel, I think you mean Nilsen Bros. Nilsen Bros. bought two cow plants on the south side of the 49th. Could they be banking on an open border and some insane profits? Better disguise their trucks as Oil Pots when they start rolling through Oldtimer country.

Comment

randy, pretty tough to shove a bunch of old cows in an Economy Carrier but maybe with a government grant someone could figure out how to do it !!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the "heads up" boys.About a 1 in 10,000 chance you will get to send those diseased old crocs down here but it's good to know some of the tricks you will be trying.

Comment

Yuk Yuk Yuk Willow Kreek. Economy Carriers. Remember the name and get yer shotgun ready. I would imagine yer ranch is a little off the beaten trail so you might have to jump on yer jackass and hoof it down to the intersection of I-66 and goofus road to git yourself a looky.

Comment

Is that his fellow R-CALF jackasses?

Comment

GEEZ guys don't insult the jackass !!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...