• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spiritual VIgnettes by Joyce Sasse

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spiritual VIgnettes by Joyce Sasse

SPIRITUAL VIGNETTES

Caring for Neighbours - Joyce Sasse

"You will stop by and visit often," my neighbour implored as he got out of the car. "Don't forget us."

The request was touching. We'd come home from the picnic shortly after eating because he was feeling chilled, a bit confused, and quite stumbly. Both he and his wife were frightened.

The older we get, the more we do battle with the unseen ghosts of health ... the more we are confronted by our physical vulnerabilities ... the more we treasure the thoughtfulness and care expressed by others.

Understanding the loneliness and pain aging people face is something local people know about because our lives within the community are so intimately connected.

We remember when the woman in the wheelchair was quick as a fox, when the man with the dementia was a brilliant teacher, when the exhausted care-giver brought food at the time of our own bereavement.

Through their actions and their living story, these elders have passed on clues as to how each of us can bring blessing to others.

What I've learned from them has more to do with being there without fuss, but with consistency. It has to do with watching and listening, rather than with trying to give pat answers. And it has to do with helping each find his/her own course of action, rather than forcing a prescribed "solution".

Remember the companionship enjoyed by Naomi and her daughter-in-law Ruth? The two leaned on each other when all the men of the family died. When Naomi decided to move back to Bethlehem, Ruth insisted she would return with her. When Naomi was destitute, Ruth went to work in the fields...

At the same time, Naomi's wisdom and experience brought blessing to Ruth's life. Their story, told over thousands of years, is instructive for every age ... even to the present time.

<A HREF="http://www.canadianruralchurch.net/Newsletter/Newsletter.htm" target="_blank"> Click Here to read more of Joyce's work on the Canadianruralchurch.net website.

Mr. Harper is walking a tightrope and I doubt he will be able to pull it off!
    He's chasing Quebec votes at the expense of the west, thinking they will support him? In Alberta they probably will...but I doubt they will in Saskatchewan?
    And they shouldn't! Talk about a kick in the teeth...you finally get to the point where you can see a bit of light at the end of the tunnel...and your own "boy" slams the door shut so he can buy some French votes!
    This is the party that was going to do politics differently? This is the party that was going to rule for "All of Canada"?
    As a seperatist I have no problem with the defeat of Harper and company! Bring in Dion, he's upfront about his views on stealing, instead of enduring this backstabbing garbage that Harper is trying! When Dion grabs the whole bag...maybe some people will start to wake up?

Comment

Saskatchewan people this time will either vote liberal or conservitive but the NDP is Done like dinner.
      The equalization that Calvert is pushing is only on the radar of true NDPs every one else has other major wories and its what the NDP is doing to Saskatchewan. Calvert is trying in typical NDP fasion when your on a sinking ship blame ottawa for everything. Well Saskatchewan is Booming try to hire any one (yes all the good workers are in Alberta) but our oil patch is going strong, Ag is up and running again (No thanks to stupid Liberal Programs CASIP) Minning is booming (Diamonds Uranium Potash) Manufacturing is also up their. But our typical NDP is blaming ottawa GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I won't defend your provincial NDP government! I have always believed they are the problem not the solution! Saskatchewans new prosperity happened DESPITE that government!
        But consider this: If the Saskatchewan Party forms the next provincial government...do you think they will happily accept this equalization scheme? I don't think so.
        800 million isn't chicken feed? And make no mistake, whatever provincial government you elect, that is what you are giving up? To be sent to Quebec! That is the bottom line.

Comment

Rumor has it Calvert will call an election on monday!!

I have no excitment about the Sask Party. After watching Harper...I again, will not be given to high expectations.

From what I hear liberals are fermly in control of the party just like they were in control of the Devine bunch.

But I will take pleasure in watching the NDP bite the dust. Like babies governments should be changed often...so often they never qualify for their special pensions.

Comment

Yes poor Quebec is a have not province go figure that one!
            But Mr Calvert is a typical preacher give you heck on Sunday sermon then take your money after he is done talking.
            This is a tired NDP government that needs to be put to sleep, Rural Sask has such strong hate for them and its finally getting to the city people to.
            Now on equalization the 800 million will be nothing as long as were a have province its when we fall below that that it comes into the picture.
            think of it this way You have a job that's paying great wage but still collecting welfare. That's MR Calvert's Idea. To bad when he is done we still have to pay him because he was premier.

Comment

Wise words.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...
              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.