• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is funny?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is funny?

I was reading an article in the Herald where some "expert" said future successful farm "managers" would need to be highly educated in economics, marketing, finance, business planning etc.? Now do you think that is true?
    Golly I always thought marrying the bosses daughter or having a rich uncle, was more important! Or maybe having a few oil wells out in the back forty!
    I often wonder how these old dumb uneducated farmers managed to build these big empires! I wonder how a Bill Gates managed to become the richest man in the world...when he was a college dropout?
    The sad fact is somebody actually believes this "education" BS? You can hire all the bright boys you need...you can't be taught how to make a buck and create real wealth!
    An old saying: The guy who knows how to do something...will never be the success of the guy who know why he's doing it!

Yes, I think that it is true more than ever. Also, a course in political science would be useful as well.

And anuuder thing, a course in how to bloody well type on yhis new-fangled computer keyboards wudd be of grate benefitt. A good nowledge of spellin' woodn't hirt either.

Comment

I believe the article is true in what it says. I don't know if highly educated would mean that you have degrees in all of those; rather you need to have a solid understanding and/or employ those in your business. Any of those business folks you mention cowman, would have at least some skills in those areas or at the very least access to people with those skills.

To be competitive and sustainable into the future, producers are going to have to have some knowledge of many of those things, or access to those people to help us. We have gone beyond just growing it, or the commodity market system.

Wilagro, not to worry, studies have shown that as long as the first and last letters are correct, we "fill in" the blanks and make the words ourselves.

Comment

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng th that the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a ttoal mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Amzanig, huh?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...