• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I find this interesting?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find this interesting?

Over on Ranchers.net there is a post about how Cargill is investing in biofuel...made from animal fat?
    Maybe our old cows have an energy value...just like our wheat and canola does?
    Now I find that very interesting? Highland feeders biodigestor was doing some work on this and because I was slightly involved in a biodigestor project with Red Deer county I do know animal waste does have a lot of value? Maybe we'll be selling our old cows to make fuel or electricity instead of hamburger!
    This whole bio energy thing is pretty exciting!

You said it, this bio fuel thing is very exciting. I think that is exactly the approach we farmers need to take. Bio fuels offer opportunities for cattle production too, not just the grain sector.

Comment

OK, Cowman...I give up! I have looked and looked for this post at ranchers.net. Ummm...can you tell me where it is/what it is called?
      Thanks

Comment

Cedar: It is the section "Bull Session" about 8 threads down under the title "Will we still need lean meat imports"...or something to that effect? Mike was the poster.

Comment

Maple Leaf Foods has opened a Biodiesel production facility using animal fat and renderings...

www.rothsaybiodiesel.ca if you want to read about the plant

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...