• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solidarity forever!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solidarity forever!

Now just not sure if the "international brotherhood" is all on the same page here?
    The NFU in Montana is calling for keeping all Canadian cattle out of the USA...don't know how that goes over with the "brothers" in Canada trying like hell to stay afloat?
    Do you pony up and support your "brothers" in the USA?
    I wonder though...Is Willowcreek a "brother"? He sure sounds like a regular old commie to me at times?
    And is grassfarmer his fellow "brother"....brothers of the protelariet unite! LOL

It shows how your silly name calling of commie, brotherhood and protelariet(sic)
    bears no understanding of what these groups are about and what they aim to achieve.
    The aim of the NFU of Canada is to further the interests of all Canadian producers. I assume the aim of the American NFU is to do the same in their country. That said I would like to think if situations were reversed the NFU of Canada wouldn't take such a narrow minded protectionist stance.

At least the NFU of Canada have a clue what is going on in the real world unlike many of the backwoods folks of R-CALF in Montana or their redneck "brothers" like Cowman in Alberta. You folks should get out more often, the Cold War ended a long time ago, the world has moved on, time to drop the Mc Carthyite rhetoric.

Comment

Actually cowman, so you have a correct story the NATIONAL NFU called for the border to remain closed-- Heres the story... And nope- I'm not a member of the NFU or the Montana Farmers Union...

But NFU is echoing exactly what I was hearing all over town today-- The USDA is going to have to start reallizing who they work for and who taxes pay their salaries-- and it isn't Canucks!!!...

-----------------------------------

NFU Statement on USDA Decision to Open Border to Canadian Beef

KTIC 840 Rural Radio

Nebraska, US

WASHINGTON (Jan. 4, 2006) - National Farmers Union President Tom Buis made the following statement, following today's announced proposal from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) to expand the list of allowable Canadian beef and cattle imports.

"I'm very disappointed the U.S. Department of Agriculture has decided to move forward in allowing additional cattle and beef products to be imported from Canada. U.S. cattle producers continue to have no assurance that Canada has its BSE problem under control and we expect USDA to prioritize the interests of U.S. cattle producers and consumers over the interests of re-opening beef trade with Canada.

"I am hopeful that the Secretary will use his authority to mitigate any negative economic impact this decision will have on U.S. cattle producers. Further, I encourage the department to fully implement mandatory country-of-origin labeling before implementing the rule regarding additional Canadian beef and cattle imports. Mandatory COOL is the only tool to protect the integrity of the U.S. beef industry if an additional BSE case is discovered within the Canadian herd."

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...