• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its the first day of the New Year and I was thinking about what 2007 had in store for the cattle industry. What do you think?

Our area is given to periodic droughts and shortages of moisture. However we went into freeze up with very good moisture reserves and here we have some snow cover. Right now it looks like we will have grass in the spring and enough moisture to grow at least some hay.

There are a number of challenges facing our industry but bottom line as long as there is grass in front of the cows nose then we can be optimistic and count our blessings.

And Happy New Year.

Comment

farmers_son, excellent positive message on the first day of a New Year!

Comment

And grass might be the key farmers_son. With the price of feed grain rising steadily we are likely going to need lots of that grass stuff. Same scenario out here west of Ponoka as far as fall moisture and snow cover. Looks like lots of Alberta is in the same boat. Boy that carrot dangling in front of our noses is a hard thing not to chase. I would also ad that the dropping cow numbers, due to Glen Brand's Corporate Welfare work at the Beef Information Center, will likely help those of us who do hang on and find some more of that wonderful grass while we wait. Now wait a minute folks, I was not suggesting a mindless euphoric type wait LOL.

Happy New Year to ALL.
        Randy

Comment

Do you realy think there will be more grass? here there was a lot of grass went under the plow and a lot of cows redistributed but still on the farms I rent some grass and there has been a lot of people looking ,A lot of the guys that got into cows and out of grain are talking of getting back into grain if they still have the equipment as cows look like dogs in the forseeable future.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...