• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Willowcreek?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Willowcreek?

Willowcreek: Check out the Agri-ville news on imports and exports between the US and Canada? I think you will see that you guys are actually doing pretty good? Well so much for that old BS that Canada is screwing you!
    Please send it to all your R-CALF buddies...it just might make them come into the 21st Century!
    Oh, but I forgot, you don't want to hear nothing but COW! And I'm doubtful even that can be excluded!???
    You old Montana hillbillys need to get out a bit more and try to realize that trade is more than just screwing the guy next door?

Is this the figures you were looking at cowman? Looks like you could at least furnish the Vaseline!! LOL

Trade with NAFTA with Canada: 2006
    NOTE: All figures are in millions of U.S. dollars.

TOTAL Exports to Can. 69,793.0
    Imports from Can. 134,387.2
    Balance -64,594.2

Comment

So, tell me, what should the US do? You don't have enough natural resources in your own country to keep your population fed, watered, powered, housed, and toyed. Do without? Let people go hungry and live in sod houses? Annex some resource rich country, just so you can claim a trade balance?

Comment

...actually willowcreek if you do the math...every canadian is importing 2326 dollars while you guys are importing 447 dollars per capita...so who is it that really needs the vasoline...lol...

Comment

Diamond S-- I have nothing against trading and buying products from other countries-- but I also think it should only be things that we are short of and need-- not just buying to subsidize third world countries economies...

And one thing we don't need is more beef/cattle from Mexico, Canada, Australia, Uruguay, etc. etc. The US can/would produce what it needs if the imports weren't there.....

Comment

I'm not a cattleman but have a question.

Is it Canadian farmers running to the USA with cattle or USA buyers comming up here and taking the cattle/meat back?

Comment

The buyers are buying Canadian cattle because they know they can buy an inferior product cheaper up there and pass it off as U.S.beef down here.This will not last forever,thankfully.

Comment

Well of course it isn't an "inferior" product...that is just a stupid thing to say! If it is so inferior how come most of it goes to the restaurant trade in the USA? Or used to fill the ships headed to Japan...with that big USDA stamp on it!...I hate to tell you the feedlot in Lethbridge didn't stamp them that way! You did.
                The movement across the border of cattle over the last century has made the northern US beef herd and the western Canadian beef herd...the exact same beef herd! True you have those Brahma types to the south and all those Mexican cattle, but in Montana? Come on...for years the American ranchers have been buying bulls up here...every year until the US closed the border...due to the phony BSE issue!
                Lets see....Canadians raise the cattle...the US buyers come up here, buy the calves or the fats? Whats they don't take American owned packers kill here and send it to USA steakhouses?
                How hard is this to figure out? You have met the enemy and it is you! Obviously the American consumer wants Canadian beef...and they don't believe your R-CALF lies?...and please don't quote your fairy tale about MCOOL? The vast majority of Canadian beef never hits the meat counter...which is the only place MCOOL applies!

Comment

We need to remember the ideals that built our nation and kept our country strong for so many years....

And nowhere in any of it does it say we need to subsidize the Canadian or Mexican cattle industry....

Quote:
                  "My idea is that we should encourage home manufactures to the extent of our own consumption of everything of which we raise the raw materials." --Thomas Jefferson to David Humphreys, 1809.

Quote:
                  "The prohibiting duties we lay on all articles of foreign manufacture which prudence requires us to establish at home, with the patriotic determination of every good citizen to use no foreign article which can be made within ourselves without regard to difference of price, secures us against a relapse into foreign dependency." --Thomas Jefferson to Jean Baptiste Say, 1815.

Comment

Hmmmm,beef raised using banned animal products on heavily subsidised farms and passed of on American consumers after it has been dumped on our market sounds like an "inferior" product to me.

Comment

The Nebraska Farm and Ranch business management education program gathered some interesting information regarding government support payments to farmers/ranchers. There were 129 Nebraska farms and ranches involved in a study that compared net income to government support payments. A six year average found that nearly 90% of net income was generated by government supports (government supports as a percent of net income). In 2000 and 2001 it exceeded 100%, was 50% in 2004 and back up to over 80% in 2005.

You were talking about US producers being heavily subsidised and feeding banned products I assume willow kreek?
                      Certainly isn't the case us here.

Comment

seems like posters with 'willow' in their name have a tendency to believe their own government's propaganda. they're skeptical of everybody else in the world because they have been assured everything in the fifty states is superior. this goes well if they don't get too far from home and discover the truth.

Comment

No CAIS or NISA programs down here Grassfarmer.We survive by supplying an honest product to our consumers.

Comment

So I wonder "how honest is your product" ?
                            I hate to even bring this up, because I think you are just a "Canadian Sh** disturber, stirring the pot"...but whatever here goes?
                            If you DON"T LOOK...YOU DON"T FIND? Which is a pretty good statement of USA policy in regards to BSE? Test lots of two year old steers...and VOILA...no BSE!
                            Test every darned old cow who bites the dust...a you get a handful of BSE cows? Which just shows me this disease is pretty darned rare?
                            Not too hard to figure out?
                            The fact is just about every old cow in Canada that wasn't going to make a few bucks...got tested? How dumb do you think we are in Alberta? Do you think we would haul that old crock to town when we could get $225 to shoot her and call the vet?
                            Now according to you we have CAIS and NISA? I hate to tell you NISA is long gone and CAIS is virtually a joke for most people! Now compare that to all the sweetheart deals you have down there....well don't even go there...no way it is even comparable!
                            I think I know who you are and that is okay(STEVE)? At least you are getting someone to talk for a change and maybe Willowcreek will be stimulated to think beyond his narrow idiot R-CALF view!
                            I also like how Willowcreek "distorted" the US/Canada trade figures on Ag trade by quoting the whole balance of trade? Of course we have a positive trade picture overall, you idiot! We are keeping your country running with our oil and gas!
                            And furthermore we are fighting YOUR war in Afganistan and OUR soldiers are dying because you idiots screwed so many people!
                            Obviously I get sick of people like Willowcreek being so damned dumb!!!

Comment

cowman "And I welcome "Willow Kreek" to this forum. All opinions should be welcome here....even you old boys who need some "educating" LOL
                              Randy: It really serves no purpose to degrade people(ala Willow-Kreep)? Come on you are out of the school yard now?"
                              Guess this sentiment only applies when someone else slings mud.
                              BTW,thanks for the suggestion of Canadian citizenship.I'll be able to get a free ride on that"gravy train".

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...