• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Important Announcement - Agri-ville.com

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Important Announcement - Agri-ville.com

Dear Agri-ville.com Members and Visitors,

Effective January 1, 2007 access to Agri-ville.com will no longer be available.

We have appreciated your participation and the opportunity to provide this online community - Agri-ville.com to you for the past 10 years, but we are no longer able to continue maintaining this website.

We believe in the Agri-ville.com concept and the value the Agri-ville.com community offers its members.

If you or anyone you know is interested in acquiring Agri-ville.com please send your contact information to mayor@agri-ville.com.

It has been a great educational 10 years and we thank everyone of you.

Respectfully,

Mayor
    Agri-ville.com (Since 1996)

Maybe we can get the ABP/CCA to take over, they love to hear from the grassroots.

Comment

What do you mean rkaiser? don't you know it's ABP that are getting Agriville closed down - too many revolting peasants or something!

Comment

What kind of money are we talking about here? Is this a money losing site? Just hate to see it go if it can be helped.

Comment

I figured this day would come, but I thought it would have happened about 4-5 years ago. I have lingered here for 7 years. It's been great writing, and reading about each and everyone's thoughts. I know many of you are either on Ranchers.net or Cattletoday.com, but I hope everyone joins one of these sites and continues to provide their insight (positive or negative) well into the future.

Comment

OH NO!!!! This is not good news! Anybody know another Canadian ag forum??????

Comment

I have entered into a partnership and shown interest at taking over the site. If something does happen, I want as many ideas as possible, from the members, for restructuring the site and adding new concepts, as some areas are not utilized, and others are needed, but not available. All hope is not gone yet! Stay tuned!

Comment

15444, please keep us informed and if possible the steps that may be needed to ensure that a restructured site remains for the industry.
                I totally agree that there are portions of this site that could be put to more use.

Comment

It's safe to say that Canadian beef producers have been good citizens of Agri-ville.

I'm sure I'm speaking for everyone here when I say that we all appreciate having a Canadian forum in which to debate, whine, and celebrate our way of life. The past three years would have been a lot tougher without having a place to go and speak with people who all know what we've been going through. Having the support of people who really know what it's been like since the tough times hit has made a big difference to a lot of us.

Thank you, Agri-ville for giving us a forum, and I sure hope a way can be found to carry on with the website.

Comment

Something seems a little unusual here.
                    It only costs about $15 per month to keep a website going. Bandwidth is not really an issue any more.
                    Keeping the domain names active might cost $15 per year. I wonder about liability concerns. Anyway there is really no need to shut down a website because of costs. Websites do take a little time. But once they are established the time requirement is minimal, maybe 5 hours per month.

All the while there is some potential for advertising revenue etc.
                    I see that Agri-Ville.com is a registered trademark. I just cannot figure out why the site would close.

Comment

I too wonder why the site would close. The opportunity to learn from others in the agricultural industry is certainly a key reason to keep the site operational. Hopefully something can be worked out to keep the site going.

Comment

I would like to invite the folks from Agri-ville to enlighten us on this situation. What would need to be done for the users of agri-ville to keep the site open?
                        Is this something that can be openly shared so we can look at the facts and maybe figure a simple way to keep the foundation of this site in place?

Comment

I agree- I hate to see this site closed down...Some good info on what is/isn't happening with the Canadians cattle groups and the cattle industry in Canada...

I will miss picking on cowman and a few others- altho I think we actually think much more alike on our beliefs than we are apart...

Comment

Willowcreek: You old sinner! Hopefully the day might come when you might realize I as trying to educate you into the real world!
                            You and I are not all that different(duh! I've been trying to tell you that over the last several years?) but...whatever?
                            Hey its been fun. Good luck to you!

Comment

I too will mis this web site. So here is a suggestion. Check out
                              http://www.thecattle.net/index.htm

These girls are Alberta born and do an awsome job. Maybe they would consider doing something about it. Email them and request it.

I will.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...