• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question on Calf-Share

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on Calf-Share

If I was to purchase 30 bred heifers, graze them on my own pasture for the spring, summer and fall, and then have them custom wintered and calved, what calf share ratio would be fair.

What are some common arrangement out there right now?

Is 70:30 weighted too much to the owner of the cow in this type of arrangement.

This is all new to me, but I am looking at purchasing some bred heifers soon and I would like to iron out a deal with one of my neighbours.

Hi Lakenheath, I was talking with one neighbour with this exact scenario. The owner of the cattle was grazing the cattle from about Late May to Late October and the cheque was split 1/3rd for the owner and 2/3rds for the feeder/calver. They were calving in March.

Comment

I shared cattle for years at 2/3 for myself and the rest for the owner after sale. I payed all. I now keep some cows 50/50. Owner supplies pasture,bulls, and partial hay. I supply all the rest. It doesn't sound that good when we sell for me, but when you figure expenses it's not bad. I make all decisions and owner buts out. He figures if I'm doing the work I get the say.

Comment

Thanks for replies.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.