• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easy Life!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy Life!

After a truly psycho season trying to be everywhere, all the time, things have slowed to a crawl around here!
    Which is a very good thing!
    Very impressed this year by the son and his wife and also the new guy we hired! He has turned out to be an excellent employee...or should I say partner as we cut him in on the business? My sons wife sure showed what a Saskashewan farm girl is made of!

Things are still busy here as the nice weather lets us continue to do more.

I noted your comment to the effect that your employee was a partner in the business. I presume this is a profit sharing arrangment. Profit sharing can be a bit of a moving target as there is more than one way to arrive at a profit and profit can be more or less depending upon managements goals.

It is more difficult to give employees an ownership position in a farm or privately owned busines than if the organization is publically owned with wide share distribution. If the organization is privately owned there is a question about the real value of the employee share. It is difficult or sometimes impossible for them to convert their ownership position into cash.

Of course your son's wife is unquestionably a partner in your son's business affairs unless there is a prenuptual agreement that says otherwise. We have a young girl in this neighbourhood that fully realizes the value of her share in the farming/business enterprise. She is on her third man and she is doing very nicely as a result as she took every one of them for a bundle. Now that is the easy life!

Only mistake she made is one of the husbands has enough money to hire lawyers to try and get full custody of the child as the wife is a bit of a party girl (not from Saskatchewan but born and raised in Alberta, a product of the oil patch).

Comment

farmers_son we all know of incidents like the one you are describing, but hopefully the oil patch isn't to blame for every wayward wife or husband !! Funny thing, when we bought our farm two sets of neighbours ( both farm couples) did a switcheroo....nearly caused this sheltered country gal to have a stroke !! And neither one of the famlies earned a red cent in the oilpatch !!!

Marriage breakups certainly cost money, lawyers get rich, kids get the short end of the stick, and heaven knows, many times grandparents don't see their grandchildren for years because a couple of knot headed parents can't make things work !!!

Comment

I agree. I think my aside about the oilpatch took away from the more important point that the wife is a very important partner in the farming operation and is critical to its success or failure.

Comment

Farmers son: Sharing in the profits...and sorry completely apart from the farm. The oil and gas thing only... and even then a small part! Still he did very well and is quite satisfied how it worked out. I have bno problem paying someone what they are worth! Fact is he made me money...he made money...everyone did okay? Now if I was some kind of Jew or Scotsman(sorry grassfarmer) maybe I could have screwed him? But I figure...pay the man his due?

Comment

You've outdone yourself today, cowman. Congratulations.

Comment

wow.. you want to go making racial slurs?
              Do you not think in this day and age where people tend to be oversensitive about their ancestors this is a wise choice?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...