• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PMRA and Cattle farmers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PMRA and Cattle farmers

Pmra is going to change the oui program for grain farmers with Clear-out 41 being not available any more to import. This is the first step the next will be to close the door to Montana for trips to bring back generic IvOMEC etc.
    phone your MP this is serious.

It is probably a good idea to oppose this new rule as it eliminates competition...which is never a good thing?
    I would question, however, if Ivomec is even necessary? Not sure what people are trying to achieve by using it? Does it really make a significant difference it weight gains or is it they just don't like to see cows scratching?
    About ten years ago we Ivomecced the cows but ran out with about 8 left. Those eight did just as well as the others, didn't seem to be anymore lousy and didn't scratch anymore than the rest come spring! I figured I'd probably just wasted $800! The next year I decided I'd spend that money on a new welder instead...sure enjoyed it more than pouring my money on a cows back!

Comment

It might not be what your operation needs but I have plenty of neighbors that go down and get the generic and are happy.
      Main point FED agency is controling our destiny for who?
      FARMER OR CHEM COMPANYS

ANSWER THE CHEM COMPANYS

If they want to subsidise them then go ahead but for farmers to pay exta this makes no sence at all.

Comment

I remember the days when CPP first came in, because my Dad gave my brother in law a big lecture on what a rotten deal it was for him(my brother in law) while for my Dad it was a sweetheart deal! Little did he know he'd die 3 months after he turned 65...therefore he got zero dollars out of it! And actually for my brother in law who died of cancer at age 54!
        CPP is nothing more than a pyramid scheme! The day the last sucker refuses to pay the price...is the day the whole rotten thing collapses!
        You might wonder where have my hard earned contributions been going...wonder no more...right into the general revenue of the federal government! There is no "fund"!
        CPP is a house of cards ready to collapse?

Comment

I agree with you both. I don't think it is entirely necessary, but it does help...not really in weight gain, but maybe if it got bad enough. If the lice gets bad in the cows, they can rub a lot of hair off...to the point where they can start shivering like mad if if gets below 10C or can get frostbite on the patches they have rubbed of. Ivomec is not necessary, but generic stuff at the price you can get in the US is just fine.

Comment

Meant to say -10C.

Comment

I followed Cowmans lead last year and didn't treat cows with pour on - yeah they were a bit scratchy in April when the warm weather, and new coats, came in but no more than some peoples cows that had been treated. Our vet said it was a record bad year for lice. We actually bought a small box of louse powder for $16 that we treated our bred heifers with as they were worse than the cows. This worked well and we could probably have treated over 100 cows with that one box. I have never believed there was any need to treat worms in adult cattle - ivomec is an expensive form of louse control in my opinion.

Comment

ivbinCONned: NOT ENTIRELY TRUE.

Ed Stelmach calls for the same proposal of a provincial pension after a thorough study.

Get your ducks in a row my fine feathered fiend. Whoops, that should be friend.

Comment

Look who is conned...why am I not surprised.
                  Just what is called for... "more study"!

Comment

Morton was saying we need our own pension plan long before he entered provincial politics?
                    Quebec has their own pension plan, why not us?
                    I do get a kick out of politicians who in the heat of an election say "We're going to really study this!"...Yea right!
                    Stand up, say it how you see it, and then do it when you get in! Maybe Stephen Harper should be taking notes? When you say "My government will not be touching Investment Trusts" and then a few months later abolish them...well what can you say? Or "We will scrap CAIS" and then make some feel good changes...well what can you say?
                    A liar is a liar. JMO!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...
                    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.