• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest CWB Press release

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest CWB Press release

A lot of good information in CWB latest press release about participation in Producer payment Options
    http://www.cwb.ca/public/en/news/releases/2006/110206.jsp
    This is another effort to say see what a good job we are doing. For those who participated in FPC's and DPC's at the end of the day one of two senarios will play out. One is that the CWB by keeping PRo's artifically low and therefore basis wide will accumulate a huge surplus in the PPO accounts which will ultimately be dumped into the pool accounts because it has no where to go. Senario 2 is that the PRO's are a realistic expectation of producer returns by the CWB and there fore you loose again because they have done a poor job selling your wheat on the world market.Which ever way it goes remember that you should remain happy.

Craig;

Western "designated area" grain growers have got to get past being skitzo.

We must OURSELVES be responsible for the marketing decisions we make, and not blame the CWB for our own poor management.

On the other side... allowing CWB management to sell our store... at fire sale prices... with out our permission... MUST STOP.

Either way CWB supporters MUST do what the Western CDN pork industry has done... there is a very good template here for a co-operative marketing strategy by grain growers.

In fact a merger of management at least... with the pork growers... coupled with Federated Co-operatives/UFA...

Will be required for the long term stability of our new grain marketer...

IF it is to be sucsessful.

Comment

Tom
      I am not blaming the CWB for my marketing decisions. What I am saying is that FPC's and DPC's are not a true reflection of the open market as implied by the CWB. As long as basis is tied to the pro's, the opportuntity to lock in good returns will not be there. This years prices may have looked good in relation to the last few years but look dismal in relation to American Prices for the same type of grain.Like a lot of things at the CWB. What is implied and what is reality are two different things.

Comment

Craig;

I didn't mean you personally... sorry if it looked that way.

I am attempting, in a collective way, to forge a path that will actually lead to a prosperous market choice system... like we have with UFA and Fed. Co-op in farm supplies!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.