• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camrose Alberta

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camrose Alberta

I know we've got more than a few Albertans here, so I'd like to learn a bit about Camrose.

My younger son is being wooed by a company to possibly move to Camrose. It's a dream job, but he's wondering about whether or not he wants to move so far away from family and friends here in Manitoba.

What's the housing situation like in that part of the province? He was out there for a couple of days last summer, and says the country is a lot like here, so he likes that. He's not a big city boy by any means.

It's quite a big move, and he's having quite a time deciding what to do.

????????????

It's not a bad little city my sister-in-law farms just outside there. The good part is your only an hour away from Oiler games lol.

Comment

One of the quieter cities in Central Alberta with a bit less Oilfeild activity and a pile of retired farmers.

Geez Mr. Wilson - we got more in common than you would think - gotta love those Oilers. Just too bad the cup has bin fixed the last couple years to try and attract fans in the southern states - Like North Carolina or Tampa Bay deserve their names on Lord Stanely's cup.

Oh yeah Camrose - Great Cattle trade fair in January - The Canadian Bull Congress. Wonderful brand new double- ice Hockey Arena. But Photo Radar - Got me last year at the bull congress.

Comment

Camrose has all the big box stores, lots of highway commercial development. Quite a few newer residential areas close to the highway, and some very nice older residential districts closer to downtown. Depending on lifesyle there are several lakes within an hours drive, lots of golf courses, and a couple of hours from Drumheller, etc. Augustana College is a world class facility with opportuniites to take extension courses in the community for those who choose to do so. Camrose is much quieter than Red Deer, still a farming community and in my opnion a very friendly community.

Comment

It is a thriving metropolas with new shops, new houses a in a setting that still allows for a farm or two since it isn't overpriced yet...
          but looking like it could be well on it's way. Lots of what I call spillover going there...the ones that would maybe love to be in Red Deer for that big city/still-small-town-and-still-have-everything feel to it but just can't afford it or can't find a house to buy or rent any more so off they're going to places like Camrose. (Stettler is fast becomeing one of those too!) What that translates into in my opinion is that it may become another Red Deer if the spillover continues.
          Good economics to buy property in Camrose. Just my two cents from the standpoints of what matter to me. Have a good day all!

Comment

It had the best AA Bantam hockey team in Alberta last year-I know because the little buggers beat us in overtime in the A final at an Alberta tournament last year-I think they wound up 54-0 at the end of the year. Their junior team is pretty good too. It seems like an ok city to me as far as cities go-close to the bright lights but not too close.

Comment

Check out:
              http://www.camrose.com/

I think you could find out the housing situation by phoning any realtor in the city.

Comment

Sports have a very high priority in Camrose, hockey, curling etc. Lots of farmers bonspiels around there, and the annual Viking Cup is a huge event.

Comment

Thanks very much! I'll pass this on to him.

Comment

Looking for a lead/second for our men's league rink. Great little city. My wife and I love it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...