• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

suggestions for rent/lease of a feedlot setup

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suggestions for rent/lease of a feedlot setup

I am in the process of buying a property just outside Red Deer, Alberta that has a well set-up, maintained & operational, but currently unused, feedlot on one corner. The operating capacity was 2000 head. I'm not a cattle person & will be using another part of the farm for horses. I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to go about renting/leasing the feedlot in part or whole, what to charge for the space (per head or?) Does anyone even look for self-care space or do I try & find a bigger operator? Any & all input would be greatly appreciated.

whether or not you will be able to use this facility as a feedlot will depend on how long ago it was used. I would suggest you contact the Natural Resources Conservation Board office in Red Deer to see whether or not it will need to have a new approval prior to putting animals in the pens.

Comment

I would like to see it, westplay, and maybe meet with you if you are interested in meeting. I'll have a waaaaay better idea of how to advise you if I know exactly where it is, what you invision as far as a renter goes and what you will tolerate on your place and not. Lots of people want and need to rent these kinds of facilities, most of them can't afford to but certainly have more chance at having their farm if they rent it than at trying to buy one. Works especially well for the up and comeing "big hat, want some cattle" guys that kpb mentioned and like it or leave it, they're here and have lots of cash but can't get a mortgage. I come to Red Deer a lot monitoring properties. Would you manage it yourself or farm the management out? These are all questions I would like to ask you and as I said, if you have photos, great, but if you let me see it and talk with you, better I could help you out. Leave me an email w/your phone number at moremoney000@yahoo.ca if you'd like.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...