• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom fall grazing in Sask anyone?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom fall grazing in Sask anyone?

Hey all!! New to this forum.
    I just moved back to the family farm and am interested in custom fall grazing the cropland. I would like to graze about 400 head from sept 1st till?? Should I expect problems finding such a number of cattle for fall grazing?

Where are you located-what are you grazing-what are you charging. Hard to answer the question without knowing that.

Comment

S central sask. Pea and wheat or barley. Not sure what I will charge yet, I want to find out what interest there is.

Comment

Not sure about peas, but in reality how much value is there in wheat/barley residue? If you have it all fenced there might be value in the fencelines but otherwise virtually zero?
        Now having said that I get good value out of my fenced crop land...but only bercause I have it fenced? The fencelines/ runways are worth something...the crop land virtually nothing...other than my cows get sore feet from the stubble! LOL

Comment

Value..just depends how well set that combine was.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...