• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for sellers of free standing steel fence in southern alberta

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for sellers of free standing steel fence in southern alberta

I have been looking for people who make or sell the 30 foot long free standing steel fences made of oil field pipe. I am located near Drumheller, ab and can't find anything close so the freight is low.

Are these self supporting fences any good? With the lack of good fence posts and their high cost, it makes sense to me to have it portable. Not sure if you can leave it in place for 10 years as a corral fence, or if they must be moved on a regular basis?

Should the portable fence be made with pipe and sucker rod to keep weight and cost down, or go with all pipe?

The portable windbreak fences that are made with pipe, do they blow over in strong winds out in the open praire with no hills or trees in sight?

I build these panels here in Manitoba. To me they are more economical then wood corrals. Ive never had one blow over in the wind. We even build 30 ft windbreak panels that are portable.

Comment

DarTar Manufacturing in Drayton Valley builds panels and delivers them across the prairies. Their phone number is:
      780-542-5870
      They custom build any size, and do standard panels as well. I have dozens of them here and they are well built and portable.

Comment

Check out the hutterite colonies right close to you I'm sure they sell them.

Comment

The main thing I can see in the PROs is that a lot of global demand has shifted to the mid-quality wheats. India is the big shift in the market this year and they are mostly looking for winter wheat. But trying to make sense of the basis level changes is almost pointless. Take advantage of them when they're good, but don't try to predict them or make plans based on them.

Comment

Craig;

The Ausie is in drought... so the world will have to pay a hefty premium to pry wheat out of them. Most expensive crop ever sown in AU... now a bad yeild.

The CWB should be able to extract a premium... BUT;

They are so negative at 423 Main... they don't believe these prices are real... Politics pure and simple are causing them to give our wheat away.

A bunch of spoilt brats best explains what is going on! Winers and cry babies.

Too bad we must PAY for the mistakes they (the CWB)are now making.

Good thing the Conservatives have a good budget surplus comming up again...

I would, however, much rather get my income from the market!

Comment

craig

I'll let the CWB explain the differences in spreads. I will note the fpc is not a price but rather provides the ability to lock in a payment relationship with the most recent PRO. I will also highlight the fact that most of the mid quality wheats daily pricing contract (based on US markets) has been at a substantial premium to both PRO and FPC values.

Likely have already looked at but the CWB provides very useful historical producer pricing option graphs on their website.

http://www.cwb.ca/public/en/contracts/ppo_workbook/historical.jsp

Comment

A lot of the hutterite colonies near me have got into manufacturing oil field parts, making furniture for Calgary wholesalers, etc. and likewise have raised their prices so much that they are getting quite pricey to do business with.

Comment

We are looking for the free standing panel fence panels in MB - please post contact info.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...