• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this a good year or what?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a good year or what?

Despite a lot of dry days, has this been a good year or what?
    The grass is growing again, the yearlings are looking great, the cows are fat as seals, and the calves are looking stout?
    Prices are "reasonable" and I suspect most people are doing well?
    The border is still a problem, but not as big a deal as a couple of years ago!
    People like Willowcreek should still be ashamed of themselves...but we really don't care that much about them anymore? We have accepted the fact that they are just "disallusioned souls"...who just don't get it! More into greed, than into the cow business...despite their rhetoric!
    If you made it this far...you are a survivor and can look forward to a better year, next year, in this great NORTH AMERICAN cow business!

depends where you are. SOme guys in my area dried out, then had crops wiped out by hail recently. guess they don't have to combine, which is good

Comment

Pleased to see you are having a great year cowman and your cows are as fat as seals. Personally if my cows were that fat now i'd be thinking I either had too much grass or not enough cattle. We have lost several weeks of grass growth due to lack of moisture in June/July in this area and have less banked than last year.

Comment

Well cowman- at least when I look in the mirror in the morning I know I don't have to daily support lying, cheating , and defrauding the consumer by selling my product as something it isn't-- US BEEF.....

Too bad Canadian ranchers aren't proud enough of their beef to have it sold as a Product of Canada- in a Fair and open market...

Don't worry there cowman- USDA is working hard to get you back on the US gravy train so you can again ride on the shirttails of what the US cattlemen built....LOL

Comment

What a silly little man you are Willowcreek.

Comment

Prices are reasonable to what ,I said to the neibour the prices are better and he said what are they $6/lb I said not quite yet and he said well when they get there we will be caught up to the rest of the country until then they are still the S---s and I truly do believe him.

Comment

I guess, like anything, it's just relative to each individual's own situation. We can't complain about a damn thing. We have more grass than I've ever seen on our place, our cows and calves are fat, Kaiser's cows and calves are fat, and the custom graziers are growing like weeds.

Then I baled the neighbour's wheat crop last night until 3 in the morning. It got hailed out 2 weeks ago, and we finally had enough sunshine to bale it up. 2 winters worth of feed in one day of baling is alright. By the time I pay for the bales and the use of a friends' baler/tractor, it'll cost under 2 cents/lb. So, like I said, can't complain.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...