• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning up the garbage

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning up the garbage

Hauled 5 "undesirables" to town yesterday. Two dumped their calves, mid winter, two lost their calves(one the darned coyotes got) and one was an open heifer!
    Hey I'm not perfect...and I make mistakes...like most people I suspect?
    Anyway I was satisfied with what I got...would have liked more...but then I'd like to be King of England...not going to happen!
    Averaged $693 before deductions!...should have been a lot more?
    Now these girls weren't shrinking violets? Average weight was 1565...so much for my theory my cows weigh 1400 lbs...well I calculate my weight in the fall with a big stout calf at side, not as an open, enjoying the life of Riley!
    I will admit, given the climate of today, I was fairly satisfied?...I know I'm not getting what they are worth...but I can live with that?
    This damned cow business is going to turn around...I truly believe that? Despite the best efforts of our damned government, R-CALF, the USDA, the ABP, and Cargill and IBP...hang in there! If you made it this far, you can make it?
    Being cow/calf, isn't easy...but it does build character?

Better be careful what you wish for cowman. If you really want to be King of England you would have to wake up with Camilla !!! LOL !!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...