• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The dessert blooms!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The dessert blooms!

Slipped out to Lloydminister this past weekend to buy a truck and was impressed with the crops and pastures, practically the whole way there!
    Everything north of Stettler looked pretty good. It looks like a good year for these people who often struggle with less than ideal weather?

Right through our country.
    I was just in Brandon on the weekend and passed a lot of places where they are feeding cows in NW MB.
    I tend to lean towards grassfarmer's way of thinking. A lot of drought is man made.
    I know in our pastures where we try to maintain high litter levels, the ground will be soaking wet for up to a month longer than other pastures that have been fully depreciated of their natural captial.
    That said, it has been a spectacular year in our neighbourhood. Maybe enough to justify the $45 / Acre rent some guys are paying (LOL).

Comment

If you look after your pastures, weathering a dry year (in some areas) definitely is easier. Not quite like grassfarmer yet, but did divide my pastures into 40 acre paddocks for 300 head. Problem is no rain, not much grass, and no regrowth. Got about 3-4 weeks left of grass, and then hitting the swaths. Good thing I planted lots of cereals!

Comment

If you look after your pastures, weathering a dry year (in some areas) definitely is easier. Not quite like grassfarmer yet, but did divide my pastures into 40 acre paddocks for 300 head. Problem is no rain, not much grass, and no regrowth. Got about 3-4 weeks left of grass, and then hitting the swaths. Good thing I planted lots of cereals!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...