• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help clutch on square baler

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help clutch on square baler

Had the clutch replaced on baler.
    Baled about a dozen bales of crap hay.
    Happy it worked just fine.
    I now have about 500 bales ready to bale.
    it baled a few knotter messed up so got it fixed. broke a shear pin. now pto worked but large wheel on baler does not was told to ajust springs on clutch. Ok So do you tighen or loosen them? Tryed loosening them still does not work but when you roll the wheel back the pto shaft turns but it does not turn wheel to operate the baler. now have springs mesurements at 90 cm. I am mesuring from the plate the springs bolt to as it a solid starting point as spring cole is not a good start point. any help would be great as I would really like to get the hay baled.
    Cathy

Something else to consider..... Why isn't the flywheel turning? If the baler has been left outside, and if you are baling awkward hay, maybe try cleaning out the bale chamber completely. Check for rust etc on the bale chamber (behind the plunger, and all the wayback). Buildups there will make it difficult for the bale to move outwards. While you are there, see if the knife needs sharpening.

Been there, done that, and will it might be more........its a place to start.

Comment

You will need to tighten the springs to get the clutch to grab more. It is probally a good idea to check out the bale chamber to see if things are quite rusty. Get some oil in there to lubricate it.

Comment

You will need to tighten the springs to get the clutch to grab more. It is probally a good idea to check out the bale chamber to see if things are quite rusty. Get some oil in there to lubricate it.

Comment

thanks for the replys.
          Chamber is clear. Knives are in perty good shape. Will try some oil.And tighten the springs. Heavey dew this am so have a few hours before I could bale anyway.
          Was baling good hay when a large amount of hay went in baler and broke the shear pin . Well off to feed critters and get that baler working.
          Thanks again
          Cathy

Comment

Thanks again
            After tighting the springs twice the baler is working its 28 C here cooling off before hitting the field
            Cathy

Comment

Good luck Cathy and be careful !!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...