• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

expanding flock

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

expanding flock

I am looking at expanding our dorper sheep flock. If anyone knows of where I can purchase some dorper ewe lambs or young ewes, please reply to this message

If northern BC isn't too far away, give Irene Elliott (Blacksheep Farm) a call @250 698-7500. She might not want to part with any of hers this year but she could probably steer you to some other breeder.

Comment

Quite often if you contact an order buyer that can be trusted you might hear of producers that might be looking to disperse their flocks. I know that during the droughts, BSE and now the "Big Bucks on the Rigs" that alot of small to medium sized producers are pulling the pin so to speak.

With a herd dispersial you will get the crocks........ but sometimes too you can get some real gems. Best of luck......

PS Grasslands Show and Sale is in Drake Saskatchewan JULY 21 to 23. May or maynot be some Dorpers there, but I know there will be some good (or better) sheep there!

Comment

thanks for the info. Yeah, sorry BC is too far. I forgot to type in my first message that I am from Saskatchewan. We were actually thinking of going to the Show & Sale in Drake or to the one in Virden,MB in August.

Comment

dwilliams..... email me at patrick2@mts.net

My wife and I are looking after the sale cataloque for the MB Show and Sale.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...
          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.