• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grainnews

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grainnews

What an excellent farm paper the beef section of the grainnews is becoming. It's almost the Stockmangrassfarmer of Canada, all the articles are focussed on producers making more money through grass management and reduced industrial inputs - true efficiency. Unlike their sister paper the Cattleman or the ABP rag Alberta Beef they are not influenced in what they write by large full page colour adverts taken by the chemical and drug corporations that rule the rest of the farm media.
    Another outstanding article by Cristoph Weder in the last edition ridiculing the DowAgro dvd junk mail that encourages producers to spray for that nasty weed - dandelion! With high palatability, yield and protein levels of 18% why would you spend $25-$35 an acre to get rid of it?
    Thought of you Cowman when I read that story. If any of you don't get Grainnews I suggest you give it a try.

I agree with you grassfarmer, I dont pay a whole lot of attention to the beef stuff but the grain stuff is quite usable and seems unbiased. probably the best paper I get.

Comment

Chris Weder does present the issues very well in his articles. Its refreshing to see some new views raising cattle as they should be. I truly enjoy reading them. Grainews has definitely polished its issues and it too is well worth the subscription.

Comment

You can get Cristoph's articles at www.spiritviewranch.com if you don't get grainews.

Comment

It's a great inspiration to me to see young, keen, bright guys like Cristoph being actively involved in the industry. Such a difference from all the old grumblers who say it's all doom and gloom and we'd be better off in the oil patch. One of his articles was posted on Kit Pharo's weekly email last week so word is spreading among like minded people.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...