• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BSE Cow in Manitoba?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BSE Cow in Manitoba?

Subject: MAD COW SUSPECT CANADA FINAL RESULTS NEXT WEEK
    Date: June 30, 2006 at 2:31 pm PST

Latest Information (as of June 30, 2006 - 17:00 EST)
    Preliminary screening tests conducted by the Province of Manitoba and the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) have detected a potential case of bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) in a mature cross-bred beef cow born well before the 1997 implementation of Canada’s feed ban.
    No part of the animal’s carcass entered the human food or animal feed systems. Samples have been sent to the National Centre for Foreign Animal Disease in Winnipeg for confirmatory testing. Final results are expected next week.

http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/anima/heasan/disemala/bseesb/situatione.shtml

how many cattle are tested annually in the US Willowcreek ?

Comment

You didn't read the new USDA study? You didn't hear Johanns announce that the US doesn't have BSE?

And the stuff they previously found is "atypical" so means it don't count to the "economic driven Packer backed science" the USDA uses.....

Comment

"don't count"....

Funny.

Comment

YUP, and pigs fly too !!!

Comment

Well if you never look...you will never find! Doing tests on a bunch of yearling fat steers will never get you a BSE case!
            I for one applaud the CFIA for getting out there and testing? You can only fool the consumer for awhile? Sooner or later they are going to figure it out?
            And if there is a disease problem in our national cowherd, then lets find out, be upfront about it and correct the problem?
            I believe that is what the CFIA is doing. I think the USDA is faking the whole thing and that might come back to bite them in the butt someday?
            I don't know about the rest of you but I sure don't want to raise an unsafe product that might kill someone? No amount of money is worth that.

Comment

I think we are all in agreement that we need to continue testing and ramp it up if necessary.
              Fact is that the US has BSE, but likes to keep their head in the sand.
              I, for one think that Ralph should be levering the border issue for all he's worth while he is marketing our oil and gas to the US.
              The US is going to jump at the chance of increased investment in our energy sector because its a reliable source of fuel, so if they want to keep warm and drive their cars they should be required to take our OTM cattle !!!!

I would think if they put it to a vote across the nation people would want to keep warm and travel vs letting RCALF run the country !!!!!

Comment

Kind of funny cowman- You are taking almost the same stance as R-CALF has called for- but when R-CALF praised Canada for strenghtening their feedban, while calling for the US to take the same actions, you and other Canadians criticized and cussed them...

Canada's change of their feedban is more proof that R-CALF has been right in calling for the USDA and FDA to strengthen the US's feedban and continue testing...

Before the US changes the OTM rule and allows these older high risk cattle to enter the US system, they need to strengthen the US's feedban to protect the American herd- and implement the M-COOL law so that the countries and domestic consumers that want to segregate out Canadian beef have the option...
                Then open her up.......

Comment

Well I don't think I "cussed" R-CALF for praising the Canadian changes to the feedban rules? I usually get quite a kick out of how they can twist things around to make it look like the US doesn't have a problem though? And in the end come to the startling conclusion that Canada is the source of all their woes! LOL Blame Canada? R-CALF members must watch "Southpark" a lot....without getting the message its supposed to be satire!
                  So tell me Willowcreek how are you guys coming with a national traceback system? Last week we tagged all our calves with RFID tags and age verified them into the national system. Maybe R-CALF could twist that to say we aren't trading fair by doing that...no I guess that won't work....we individuals have to pay for that, not the government.

Comment

Why don't you crawl back under your rock at ranchers.net Oldtimer-go blow some more smoke up other R-Laffers butts.

Comment

Cowman- Our cattle have gone out in the fall IDed, source, and age verified for the last 5-6 years...Accompanied with an affidavit and shot record attesting to No steroids/implants and No Antibiotics/drugs/feed additives...
                      Japan has been wanting that for several years...

Good to see Canada is catching up....

Comment

Willowcreek do you actually believe the U'S is ahead of Canada in any area healthwise-do you get a free lobotomy with every R-Calf membership-I've exported cattle to your assbackwards state of Montana many times-talk about a bureaucratic gongshow. Go lie to some other R-Laff members I doubt you'll find any Canadians dumb enough to believe your crap.

Comment

cs- With your bias and hatred of the US, I don't expect YOU to believe it- but I know that I have sold my cattle that way and have brand inspected thousands that had all that info for years.....

Did you ever think that what you think of as a "Bureaucratic Gongshow" is because you didn't have your info or paperwork in order? I'll admit that our state has an over 100 year system of monitoring cattle for identification and animal health- but that is because of the true concern these producers have-- The same stuff you want to sweep under a table and forget so you can climb back on the hind teat...

Comment

You know Willowcreek I cannot understand why you take such pleasure in knocking Canadian cattle producers. We have well over 100 years of history in cattle ranching in western Canada, and the vast majority of producers take pride in record keeping and ensuring that they produce the finest quality beef. I highly doubt if anyone who posts on this site needed someone from Montana to give them any pointers on how to produce good quality beef, look after the environment and above all else be respectful to their neighbours.

Thank goodness you don't speak for the majority of our neighbours to the south, in fact, yesterday at the Ponoka Stampede the young man that won the saddlebronc championship was from your country, his acceptance speech included thanking Albertans for making him and his fellow countrymen feel so welcome !!! Too bad you can't go to the same finishing school and learn some good old fashioned manners !!!

Comment

Awww Willowcreek at least i'm man enough to put my own name by my thoughts-and I love the U'S have many good friends there-but one thing I don't tolerate is fools and windbags in any country-go back and crawl under your rock-we step on slugs up here. Trust my paperwork is always in order-I don't run on lies like you R-laughers.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...