• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Costs of production?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costs of production?

I believe in just about any business venture the formula for success is keeping costs low and production up? Sometimes that can become a fine balancing act?
    So somehow or other we've cut feeding costs...maybe? Not having to start the tractor might cut feeding costs...if you don't consider the cost of extra land and other associated costs?
    Breeding costs? Bulls are up this year, and it appears cows are too, compared to last year?
    Vet costs? Don't know about this one. Seems a lot of people are getting on the "Pfizer Gold" type of program and I assume that costs money...hopefully increases production/profit enough to justify it?
    Now I don't know about any of you but I do a lot of checking on cows? And the old one ton don't run on love! Maybe I just need to let them live or die on their own?
    I'm trying to follow some of this "intensive grass management" stuff and I do see some cost savings there, but not sure it is enough to offset what I consider to still be "not sufficient" prices? But without a doubt it is about the best return on reducing costs around!
    I'm not a real "bean counter"! I really just fly by the seat of my pants and hope it works! I am fairly cheap(thrifty!) and try to do things in a sensible(cheap) way. I suspect when I add up what I pay out and what I get in return, I am pretty profitable...as compared to most beef producers.
    Unfortunately or fortunately, I have other business interests, and I know what kind of returns are there! Without a doubt for my time, labor, cost and investment all the others do a lot better than farming! This really is a marginal business! Just my opinion.

guess we will all have to get a job with an oil company. If you keep wondering cowman your going to loose all your hair....lol

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...