• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RE: Federal Budget

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: Federal Budget

I attended my Member of Parliament's constituency meeting last evening and he advised us that there will be money in the budget for agriculture, although he didn't know how much.

I will believe when I see it. If they soon dont come up with something there wont be a farmer left in Canada. When is the budget going to be tabled?

Comment

I don't know the exact date but I assume it will be before the end of April.

The government is really under pressure to cut tax on fuel, and I certainly hope they do. Alberta could certainly take the lead on that one,then it may spur other provinces and the feds to follow suit.

Comment

Hopefully any monies in the federal budget aren't just ad hoc programs but ones that will be continuing have been researched enough to ensure that the funding gets to the people that need it and is not eaten up in administration.

Comment

Nothing could possibly be worse than CAIS.

Comment

Nothing could possibly be worse than CAIS.

Comment

Wouldnt it be so simple to just make an acerage based payment? They have all the data they need, wouldnt take much govt beurocaucy to pay it out. But no it will be a payment based on ENS.

Comment

The last acreage payment that the Alberta Government was involved in was extremely unfair.

In my area one producer got payment for 20 quarters of land, when he does not own a cow, and makes his living off the oil industry and other endeavors.

The cow/calf man with a section of land was the one who needed the payments in the worst way.

I don't necessarily agree with acreage payments vs some good solid program that actually helps grassroots producers vs land owners and speculators.

Comment

Speeking of oil men and speculators there was an auction on tue with a 650 acre grazing lease with 239 AUM it sold for $155,000 now does that make any sence and not all fenced even,the rest of the land and buildings sold for $1270/acre thats on cultivated but wouldnt be much less for total acres. Thats 20mi northwest of Ft Asinaboine and not the best of land 2 1/4 sold to an oil man at 115,000/1/4 the rest to someone from Lacombe that just sold his dairy.
                  By the way the neibours youngest boy 19 or 20 was working wireline and for Jan Feb Mar he made 27,000$ and he quit because his 2 older bros were making more money than him,any wonder fuel is 80 cents and climing gas 1.05.9 pump price.

Comment

horse, when you say north west of Fort Assiniboine is that in the Timeau area ?

Anyone getting a good salary may not be affected as much by the price of gasoline, diesel etc., but people on fixed incomes, farm families and commuters who must drive to work are really having problems with the cost of transportation.

I don't think there is an oil shortage and the price is just being driven up due to fear of something happening with Iran, among other things.

Comment

As in every part of a free economy there is a buyer and a seller? Don't know if we should put restrictions on who can buy or sell? Maybe we could create a landed gentry of ornery old buggers from Barrhead? No one else could buy or sell land?
                      On the subsidies: Maybe the government should just say to hell with all you farmers and pay no subsidies? Should finish off all the young guys real fast and then me and Horse could own everything!

Comment

No timeau is north by north east this is on the road to goose lake.
                        Dam cowman did someone piss on your cornflakes this morning or what. All I was saying is there is a hell of a lot of money around, and you can have my share I have alreagy figured it out "I" bet on the wrong HORSE.

Comment

Yea Horse I'm having a bad "hair day"! I have a problem with a hydrate that is driving me crazy...and I guess you got elected for my wrath today!
                          Hey I do appreciate your input and believe it or not I sometimes find myself in agreement with you!
                          I still chuckle when I think of that "They know how to hide their own easter eggs"! That was a classic!

Comment

Cowman,

When you say that the govt should say to hell with the subsidies and finish all those young farmers off so you can own everything. With a comment like that I think you deserve to have @ss kicked half way cross a half section. Your a very ignorant selfish man!! Maybe even a wannabe or a hasbeen!!

Comment

Are you some sort of halfwit that doesn't understand sarcasm? Yea, like I want to own Manitoba?...Have you ever been on this site before? Because if you have you sure ain't catching what I've been pitching?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...