• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Western Canada Is DONE!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Western Canada Is DONE!

Just worked this weekend on farmers taxes, did four different guys from 65 to a cowboy mixed farm and grain farmer who was under 40 and all lost money the last 4 years and all received little to nothing from the CASIP program.
    The cattle farms received little to nothing form the BSE support.
    SO who is getting the Money I have to ask? So if the primary producer of cattle and grain received nothing something is wrong!
    Also had a meeting with a accountant friend and he said his company would guarantee I received income from CASIP (because they were given the formula by CASIP) but that they wanted 10% before it was sent in.
    On 185000 CASIP guarantee they wanted $18,500.00 again something is wrong with the system.
    Over and Over the Government agencies are failing farmers. I for one am starting to believe that a house cleaning is needed in the Federal Department of Agriculture form the top on down.
    This grand experiment that Canadian farmers could compete against Americans with lip service and survive is finally setting in. Richie Bros have a sale book that's 175 pages thick and we still haven't seen hod gens or Clark's or any others.
    All of my four clients will be done farming in less than 2 years unless something more than lip service doesn't happen.
    As for the Americans if you are guaranteed a price and the elevator phones with a price on canola of 5.20 but your guaranteed over 6 you would say ill call you later and if you get over the guaranteed price ill deliver.
    Now in Canada with our system when the elevator phones and says 5.20 you either take it or say you'll phone back after you think about it and when you phone back they say oh sorry were full but at 4.80 we can take it so you sell because you need the money.
    So subsidies work also on another level.
    LYLE VANCLEAF started the program to kill us all off one by one and the department of AG finished us off.
    ONE has to love CANADA.
    Simply what I am trying to say is look around and see whats happening I use to think I was ahead of most in our township but now after loosing a bunch of neighbors over the years I feel that I am becoming one of the poor in Canadian farming.
    Even in our own country we send money to Quebec who supports their farmers but since we are a have province were sending money East. They run a deficit of some 1.3 Billion but that's alright.
    Here in Saskatchewan Our land values are dropping and even the Foreign owners are wondering why they came to this country.
    I know I am wondering why I am staying here.
    Oh well tomorrows another day lets hope no pray its a better day for agriculture.

Our local conservation authority is salivating over the thought of Source Water Protection in Ontario and the ability it will give them to go after farmers on environmental matters. Guess who they want to put in charge of their local SWP committee? Lyle Vanclief, of course.

Comment

That mans grand experiment for agriculture in Canada failed and failed bad. His vision and understanding of agriculture is nil and this from a man who farmed. Or did he really just take over his fathers supply management operation and fail.
      I would try very hard to get him out of that position because he will not work for the farmers but the environmentalists.
      He was bad for farmers in the past and now maybe the future.

Comment

Well hopefully the new government can make some meaningful changes...and hopefully soon!
        The grain industry needs some sort of short term relief right now before they crash and burn. But a long term solution has got to be implemented as well?
        I certainly don't have the solution but I would suggest the new Ag minister should listen to the grain farmers instead of the beurocrats? For too long it has been the "experts" that have had the governments ear? How about listening to the guy out in the dirt for a change?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...