• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sask Crop Insurance stinks

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sask Crop Insurance stinks

They announced the 06 program. Premiums stayed the same coverage dropped on average $10-15/acre.

Will the bleeding ever stop?

I have a question who creates the prices for Sask Crop insurance.
    CWB says the price for #2 13 wheat is 3.89 then the Coverage price for wheat is 2.89
    Market price for canola if one averages so far 5.60 they come up with 5.00
    Premiums stay the same but coverage is down.
    Never let a preacher run a government because all they know is to give one heck and then take money out of their pocket before shaking their hand as they leave.
    Calvert had a chance to do something but instead he did like he always does hopes it will go away.

Comment

Rural Saskatchewan should get rid of Regina and Saskatoon, in fact they should separate. There is absolutely no reason to have Regina and Saskatoon if it wasn't for the rest of the province, thats where the wealth is generated.

Comment

I agree the only thing Sask. crop Ins. does is INSURE that I will go broke.

Comment

What's the main thing that around here that hurts your crop??? Bugs...NO, Disease...NO, Weather...YES.

So use the $75/ac stand alone weather based option. If you need a spring advance, go with 50% coverage and use the $25/ac top-up.

Got to work with what we have I guess.

Comment

This year it is really going to have to make a guy wonder if it is worth going into. If you insuring yourself to the max at 80%, and your only covered for $120/acre. Does it pay? Crop Insurance doesn't cover cost. But it sure doesn't take much of a crop to hit 120/acre. Prime eg is this year bad prices not even close to break even exception canola, and no Crop Ins. Given the moisture situation we have does it pay next year? The only exception would be frost which doesn't help you if you still have the bushels, you still wouldn't qualify for a payment.

Comment

Just checking out my Sask.crop ins. options.
              Found another link www.wclc.com has as many choices and odds are about the same or better.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...