• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auction sales!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auction sales!

Wow, the list is getting longer every day, Kramers, R.B., Hodgins all are going to be flat out. These auctions are not the typical retirement sell outs. Alot of big machienery listed again this year, given the severe cash flow problems out there where will values be 50-60%?

It should be interesting. I on the other hand get nervous when you see all the sales. Makes me wonder what I'm doing. Like you said not just ordinary retirement sales some real big operarations. Who is taking all of this land? Who is going to buy all this iron? Not alot of guys with good cashflow this year. I predict cheap buys.

Comment

I wonder if there will be lots of American buyers? I realize the dollar could be a deterrant but if they are doing well through their farm bill programs...?
      I would say my local area farm sales have not increased this year from what I've seen so far...and most are retirement type sales...maybe not outright retirement, just older guys who are sick of the poor returns, no kids taking over, sort of thing? Still kind of sad to see century farms coming to an end? Not poorly run, not broke, just not much sense in continuing?
      It's pretty discouraging operating any business where you don't make enough to pay the bills and have a few bucks in your pocket? Sooner or later you have to ask "Why am I doing this"?

Comment

The only farm auction sales listed around here so far are for a couple of farmers that sold their entire operation due to ill health.

Comment

It is interesting to see the difference between Alberta and Sask auction sales. Most farmers here are simply just walking away. It is sad to see the way this new money from the fed's has been set out. 7.37% of a decent 5 year average may be ok for some, but then again how bad is it needed in those areas when others have had the worst 5 year average in their farms history, 7% of not much is ..... not much to those who desperately need it. This is what is causing most guys in Sask along with horrible crop ins to give up no matter how big or stabble they may be.

Comment

cowman you make a good point, Americans are doing well and from what I see on American web sites very few auctions down there so they may be at auctions in southern Sask/Alberta this spring.
            Your right on with your comments on the guys getting out, no hope left even with well run, managed farms, sad to see.

Comment

I have to agree to some extent, what were seeing now in Saskatchewan is that well established farms are failing and farmers are walking away. I for one feel we can take maybe one more year before we will quit and leave and then we will leave canada for good. It also ticks me off when the americans are comming up here buying our cheap iron and taking it south. Also they are now sending their sons to Brazil and buying farms down their what subsidised money can do. and what fair markets can do just look at canada.
              Most friends are just sick and tired of all the empty talk over the past few years from politicians and city people denial of the importance of Agriculture to the province that they are fed up with it all and see no light at the end of the tunnel.
              Now freinds with buisness in the city cant figure out why this winter is their worst in the last 10 maybe its finally starting to come around.

Comment

Saskfarmer: I have no doubt That what you descibe is true. I just wonder how come it took so long?
                Frankly agriculture has been a pretty sad ride for quite awhile, probably since the mid seventies?
                I wonder if this country will ever care about what happened on the prairies? How we went from being a proud independent people, contributing to the nation, to a bunch of bums crying for a handout? Something didn't work here!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...