• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB Grain World.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB Grain World.

Agstar;

THis is what the CWB sent me after I signed up yesterday: "Direct Quote from the Email"

"Thank you for registering for the GrainWorld 2006 conference which will be
    held in Winnipeg between February 26th - February 28th, 2006 at The
    Fairmont Winnipeg Hotel. Your registration confirmation number is 54.

For more information contact:

Caroline Wiley
    Conference Coordinator
    GrainWorld 2006
    P.O. Box 816 Stn. Main
    Winnipeg, MB R3C 2P5

Phone: (204) 983-4236
    Fax: (204) 983-4993

Thank you"

I did not trust the CWB.

So I phoned them to see if it was true.

Guuess what!

I was not registered... and still do not know if I am.

THey said I must pay, NOW. Not when I get there... but NOW.

Give the CWB my VISA over the phone.

They have unlimited access to my money... any amount they want... and I have to give an open blank VISA to thenm on top!

No COnfirmation. No receipt how much is charged.

They said they would "sell" my spot to someone else... if I did not pay right then.

I have no idea if I am booked to the conference.

She said she was going to refer me to the Chairman;

All I asked was that an email be sent saying that "unless paid for now this confirmation is not valid".

She hung up on me.

This is what I must deal with.

I am SICK.

Every time I deal with them... I get sicker.

I guuess I can quit farming... probably like Ed did.

You can look asfter my fam ily Agstar.

Agstar;

Now, she has my VISA, I should be booked... what do I do?

Tried to email her back... it bounced back as undeliverable.

I need to book my flight.

I need to book the Hotel.

What would you do?

Comment

Agstar,

Here is what got my attention on DTN on the CWB news for Feb 7;

"GrainWorld, Canada's premiere annual outlook conference on grains, oilseeds and livestock, takes place Feb. 26-28 at the Fairmont Hotel in Winnipeg. This year's GrainWorld will focus on staying competitive as the future unfolds, and on sharin g ideas among industry members."

I thought if I am to be a grain farmer (which I am) this is obviously where I must be.

Here is what is on the CWB Web site about this conference:

News releases
      2006 CWB news releases
      February 8, 2006
      Canadian grain industry examines the future together
      What will it take to remain competitive? How important is ethanol? How will new food trends impact Canadian agriculture?
      Winnipeg – Canada's grain, oilseeds and livestock industry will come together this month to brainstorm how to maximize our strengths in the face of increasing global competition in agriculture.
      GrainWorld 2006, the country's premiere annual grains industry outlook conference, will be held Feb. 26-28 at The Fairmont Winnipeg.
      Conference chair Rick Steinke said Canadian farmers and the agriculture industry need to stay aware of the competition they face and the opportunities that will present themselves going forward.
      "This conference is like a window on the future," he said. " It is a fantastic venue to showcase emerging issues, which we really need to understand to maximize our opportunities as a Canadian industry.
      Highlights of the conference include:
      A panel of grain industry experts from Canada's competitor countries: Australia, Ukraine and Argentina.
      A panel discussing the potential for ethanol, including officials from Husky Energy in Calgary and energy-sector economists from Kansas City and Toronto.
      American food-industry guru Harry Balzer, discussing North American eating patterns and what they might mean for agriculture.
      A presentation on the impact of Wall Street investors on agriculture prices.
      A peek at the short-term future through outlook presentations on Canadian wheat, durum, barley, oilseeds, pulse crops, beef, pork, fertilizer, weather and the economy.
      "Building strategies and forward-looking plans strengthens the entire agricultural industry because it allows us to get in front of the issues," said Steinke, who is Director of Market Analysis for the Canadian Wheat Board.
      "It's also vital that we know what our competition is up to. We have to be well-informed and we have to be prepared to respond collectively to the challenges of the global marketplace."
      GrainWorld was established in the early 1990s as a "summit" meeting for the main sectors within Prairie agriculture.
      For more information or to register, call (204) 983-4236. You can also register online.
      Media attendance is welcome at all sessions. A media room, featuring high-speed Internet access, will be available on the conference site.

Accredited journalists are invited to register at no charge.

For more information, please contact:
      Conference coordinator
      Caroline Wiley
      Tel: (204) 983-4236
      Conference chair
      Rick Steinke,
      Tel: (204) 983-4295

Agstar... why would this be: "Accredited journalists are invited to register at no charge."

Why must I pay for them?

Comment

Take a nitro Tom.....Breathe....

One, two, three...

Comment

Agstar;

By the way,

I didn't say anything about the;

"Accredited journalists are invited to register at no charge." thing yesterday;

When I gave my complete credit card info to Caroline yesterday afternoon.

Comment

Incognito;

I hear Ed died of a Brain anurism.

What a shame.

Remind you of someone else the CWB got?

Ken maybe?

Comment

Sorry, I never knew Ed, but I doubt any entity caused his death and I really don't know why this is even coming up in a marketing discussion. The form is clear, grainworld registration is 300 after the 10 Feb. As to whether the media should get a free pass , only to the program part so that those of us that can't go receive the information. Whether farmers should pay to attend, probably. There is no reason an event like this could not be webcast.

Comment

Agstar;

I did not say I would not pay. Direct Debt from my CWB account... just like PPO options are... that insure any service the CWB provides is paid for.

I had no problem giving my VISA in person at the COnference... and I made that perfectly clear.

I was very shocked to hear I was not registered after the e-mail said I was.

Not registered until CWB had my actual money in their hand... Like my word means nothing... and they would use any excuse to stop me from comming... if possible.

Can't you see what I am talking about?

If someone comes 1500 miles... has this confirmation number, thinks they are registered... and the CWB sold it to someone else... how on earth can this be honest and fair?

It is strictly for others my concern is about! Is this not clear?

I am usally smart enough to ferrit out CWB deceptions... I am worried about others considered "Detractors" as Vader calls us... that could be ripped right off!

WOuld that make you happy though? Like ripping off Russians who want to pay a loan off... that is clearly being held by a loan shark... intent on racketeering?

Comment

Agstar;

Fact. The stress this debate puts on people in the "designated area" of which we have been thrown in jail to enforce... causes huge stress... is a serious health issue... as was clear to me when Ken Beswick resigned. I walked with him for 15 minutes the day he resigned... just before he resigned at 423 Main in Winnipeg.

Ken's face was gray. I could tell he was having the life sucked out of him.

And he knew it. But it got him anyway.

We give our lives in many ways... for many reasons... fine. But let us live up and be honest and admit this CWB thing has gone way too far.

Before 1988 my neighbours were exporting grain to the US; by truck... without an CWB problems... working with family in the US as many Canadians have... family in the US.

1993;

Ralph Goodale enforces a rip off scheme to make SWP, MPE, and Cargill millions... at the expense of "designated area" grain growers.

Do you remember the fusarium wheat the CWB was telling us to burn because it was said to be worthless?

THis is all about grain marketing.

This has, and is, continuing to destroy grain farmer's lives. Literally.

I should shut up? WHy?

Comment

Agstar,

Obviuosly the form is not clear.

I was told, that when I called on the afternoon of the 10th, that I should be charged $300, not $275.

I don't know what the CWB charged me.

Want to make bets about whether; they will try to stop me form going?

I will be prepareD.

Comment

Agstar;

By the way... I didn't care what it was... $275 or $300... I wondered... but didn't argue.

I would really appreciate if the CWB would release the tape of our conversation. No problem with me.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...