• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hard Winter Wheat VS Hard Spring Wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard Winter Wheat VS Hard Spring Wheat

Chaff/Incog/Charlie:

I was looking at the Daily Price Contract the CWB quoted today:

No. 1 Canada Western Red Winter $162.83 $4.43/bu

No. 1 Canada Western Red Spring 13.5 $206.59 $5.62/bu

Recent articles have praised the higher milling yield, whiter flour, and high quality of our winter wheat.

Portland prices are close to par on CWRS and CWRW wheat.

Wasn't the DPC supposed to fix this type of discrepency... and allow a choice?

Why is the only choice... to take less?

Tom,

I would argue that the price for Hard Red Winter is a good price. They differnece in yeild still results is a higher price/acre.

I know farming isn't the best right now but would it kill you to put a pos. post now and then. I was once told if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all.

Comment

We have checked out pricing re southern Alberta and Great Falls is running at about an $.80 bushel premium over Lethbridge for comparable winter wheat. Historically winter wheat used to compare closely in price to a #2-#3 Hard red Spring wheat price. With the current parameters for the select winter wheat program Canada in fact now produces likely a more consistant higher quality winter wheat than the U.S. Doesn't seem that the DPC addresses the price discrepencies across the Montana, Alberta Border. Your questions are valid and only follow those of many winter wheat producers in Alberta who want to be paid for the quality product they produce.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...