• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who is chuck strahl

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who is chuck strahl

never heard mutch of strahl from b c?
    i noticed he can sing o canada very well !!
    hope his voice keeps us in tone for
    the farmers song " O help canada for the farmers"
    we have a great young new cabinet
    we are going to have a better new goverment to deal with all sectors of agriculture across canada .
    are we done with the canadian wheatboard ????
    lets have some comments!!

Jerryk;

Welcome!

If you know how to cut and paste this site:

http://www.conservative-cfc.ca/

Here is a little sample of his "Daily Blog" he wrote during this election campaign:

"Day 4 (continued)

No matter what happens in this election campaign, it can't be tougher than in 1997 when I defeated a guy named Sa Tan. That's right, I defeated Satan himself!!

What happened was this: a publicity seeker (this alone didn't make him different than many candidates) parachuted into our riding, but not before changing his first name to Sa and his last name to Tan. On the ballot it comes out Satan, which I'm sure he thought was a pretty good joke, especially here in the “Bible Belt”.

He came to the all-candidate meetings dressed up as a devil, completely costumed from head to toe. He ended up with about 100 votes at election night, no doubt supported by dopers who responded to his call to “burn down the churches and put up abortion clinics instead”.

Usually I don't mind folks like this, since they enter a local contest to push their favorite issue (or, in the case of the Rhinocerous Party, simply have some fun!). Sa Tan was a little more pathetic, since he actually had a throng of hangers-on who followed him around. I distinctly remember one night when he had one of the young ladies in his entourage parading about in a seethrough negligee. At an all-candidates meeting called by the local Ministerial Association no less!

Anyway, it turned out that most of the signatures on his nomination form were phony, but (in those days) once accepted by Elections Canada you couldn't challenge the nomination. So, because of Sa Tan we actually changed the rules so officials must verify the voters on the form before the candidacy is complete.

Once again, “he meant it for evil, but we overcame evil for good”.

Today, we filed my official nomination papers with election Canada. Straightforward stuff, really: 50 signatures from bonafide voters, a thousand dollar cheque, and then an accountant and official agent sign papers that basically give them the power to send me to San Quinten if I break the rules

All done in a half hour.

I'm the first candidate in our riding, so for the next few days I can hope to be acclaimed! Actually, I look forward to the other Parties springing to life soon, choosing a candidate, and hitting the campaign trail.

But if Sa Tan wants to sit this one out, I'm okay with that too!

posted by Chuck Strahl @ 9:18 PM"

Chuck obviously has a very good sense of humour... a gift that will be much appreciated by many of us in the Ag Sector!

God Bless Canada! And Chuck... he is going to need it!

Comment

Another one of Chuck's classics:

Day 10, December 8, 2005

This morning started with a Crisis. (No, as far as I know, no one from the Finance department was publicly or privately musing about Income Trusts again today). This was a genuine problem. Something is living in my attic space!

Of course that means the patriarch of the home (yours truly) is obligated to DO something, starting with getting a ladder to boldly go where no one has gone before.

It turns out it is only a bird, although he does look particularly angry and is so far uncooperative about getting out of my humble abode. Then suddenly, it dawned on me: thinking like a Liberal, I simply BANNED him from my house!

My new action plan is now in place. Notices have been posted throughout my yard, warning birds that they will no longer be tolerated. Most of the birds are not a problem, but hey, if it can happen to me it can happen to anyone. It's best to simply ban them.

Those who have birds under lock and key within their own homes will no longer be allowed to possess them. Its for the greater good, after all.

Having posted notices and declared war on my feathered nemesis, I ventured back up the ladder to check his reaction. This bad apple of a bird has NOT responded, flouting the new law completely!!!

Immediately I went back to the yard and started new punitive measures on birds generally. No more feeding stations. Cut down the trees. I even fired off a nasty letter to the United States, pointing out that many of these birds wintered there, and really, they needed to shoulder their share of the blame.

Still the bird won't leave! Yes, I could deal directly with this bird-with-attitude, and simply leave the rest of the nice, problem-free birds alone. But thinking and acting like a Liberal means you must restrict the freedom of the honest, carefree birds if you hope to send a message to the bad element in society. And dealing directly with the law-breaker never works. You need to take action on society generally if you want results.

I must hit the campaign trail now, so we'll have to deal with this later. Before I left I gave a short speech about how much I loved Canada, and promised everyone that “it was my number one priority” to deal decisively with this problem.

As for the problem bird, he is still going about his intrusion as if I had done nothing. The rest of my yard, unfortunately, is a little sadder and drearier than before.

posted by Chuck Strahl @ 10:29 AM

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...
      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.