• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carbon Credits

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbon Credits

One of the most important issues facing Western Canadian farmers in the very near future is carbon credits.
    This is one issue we must all band together to make sure the primary producer recieves the financial benefits and not gov't. This issue should get immediate attention with Harpers crew, those of you who waste soo much time bickering about the CWB should have a look at this seriously and have a united voice or we will loose it very fast.

Not sure just how this whole carbon credit thing might work now? Harper basically said Kyoto wasn't going to happen? Which in actuality was the Liberal position...in reality? They never did anything to move Kyoto forward...just talked about it a lot?
    There are groups that are positioning themselves to buy carbon credits? It has been incredibly frustrating for them with the former Liberal government never doing anything? I know a bit about this because I am involved(in a small way) in a Bio digestor proposal. If we could get some clarity on this issue it would be very helpful. The Liberal dithering has not been helpful at all.
    My local fertilizer dealer(Agrium) is involved in a plan to pay carbon credits to farmers doing things the right way and shares the frustration of a government that talked a lot but never delivered! His thoughts are the government needs to make it clear where they are on this thing and if they aren't going to do anything then get the hell out of the way!

Comment

I think we need to get all farm orginizations on this a.s.a.p., with a united stance that the primary producer who is supplying these benifits to the rest of Canadian industry get paid for our stewardship to the envioment. Without farmers supplying these carbon sinks there would be no cabon credits to help sustain excess in industry.
      There is over a billion $ of cabon credits sitting in Ottowa waiting for transition. The last thing the liberals wanted to do is let the western Canadian farmer recieve this benifit.
      Your right on cowman, the clarity issue needs to be cleaned up and hopefully with the change in gov't and a solid voice from western Canada we can move ahead.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...
      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.