• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can it be !!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can it be !!!!!!!!!!

Go to www.marketforum.com and scroll down to peak oil: Article From The Independent! I warn you a long read. Now is this author just using this forum for personal gain or could this possibly play out? Imagine the implications to agriculture positive and negative around the world and not only in agriculture. Any thoughts?

magpie: That is a very interesting article and probably not too far off the mark? The age of oil is coming to an end but we knew that would happen sooner or later anyway?
    The technology is there to move into a different age, but the transission stage will be tricky? And yes we will see financial turmoil and a lot of countries will go from being "haves" to "have nots"?
    Can any of us fathom the absolute boom Alberta will experience in the next few years?...and BC and Saskatchewan?
    Will we use this new found wealth to help our people create a modern nation or will we allow the east to drain it off to prop up their wasteful excesses?
    Events might move faster than any of us might predict? Soaring oil and gas prices might transfer most of the wealth and power westward real fast?
    I would hope any thinking westerner knows the "power elite" in this country are coming to steal the money created here by these oil and gas resources, despite all the "firewalls" we might have in place?
    Maybe it is finally time for the west to take a good hard look at seperation before the day comes when we are slaves like the Maritimes?

Comment

I would hope any thinking westerner knows the "power elite" in this country are coming to steal the money created here by these oil and gas resources, despite all the "firewalls" we might have in place? - cowman

A bit paranoid there cowman? Somebody discovered a plot to 'steal' our wealth?

I don't think so...besides the 'mericans own our resources and MOST of the wealth derived from OUR resources goes SOUTH not EAST.

Get your facts straight.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...
      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.