• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cheap therapy?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheap therapy?

This winter I decided to retire from the oil field service thing(only for the winter!). Shuffled that off on the boy...not a big deal just a small field that needs to be serviced.
    So anyway my sole duty is to feed the cows and then I get to slack off in the shop or spend some time with my old sick friend! Now I'm not pressed for time(especially with this near perfect winter) so I can slack off and wander amongst the cows whenever it takes my fancy.
    I always feel really good just walking amongst them? I know every animal and can remember everything in their life and usually their mommas, great gramma etc.! I get a lot of satisfaction seeing how well they are doing and somehow or other it makes me feel good? I know in the big picture the money they make are a joke...but it sure is good for my soul! Maybe I need to get back to the real world?

Just came back in the house from doing exactly that. Checking the gals, guessing which one will calve first and wandering around in the heifer calf pen .
    This winter has sure been a good one for getting out and enjoying some fresh air after spending most of each week either in a vehicle or working in the city where there is NO fresh air !

Comment

I recall many years back actually reading a medical paper that suggested bedding calves was the****utic. I believe being out and about with cattle is good for the soul and has many of the benefits attributed to having pets.

Comment

speaking of pets, I had to have my old border collie put down last summer at almost 16 years of age. I vowed not to ever have another dog because I get far to attached to pets but have decided that I was wrong so am now looking for a border pup, or a border cross. Walking around the farm with a good dog is excellent therapy, and I realized that I really miss having that faithful pal with me...so am willing to put up with all the trials and tribulations of training a pup AGAIN !!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...