• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Sabbath

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Sabbath

I noticed in the other thread a discussion developed about keeping the Sabbath.

Scripture says Yahshua became our Sabbath. It's not just one day of the week we should rest in Him, but every day.

Hebrews 4:4-11, "For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest. Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief: Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts. For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. There remaineth therefore a rest (sabbatismos) to the people of God. <b>For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.</b> Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief."

OlHoss
    Good topic
    Your post triggers some questions.
    1 Is Yeshua out to lunch in Matt 5:17-20 when He proclaims that the instructions and the prophets will not disappear until heaven and earth disappear?
    2 Since the Sabbath commandment is part of the ten, are the other 9 also void?
    3 Is Isa 66:22-24 talking about something other than the new heaven and new earth that belivers have a hope to inhabit?
    4 Why is a beliver in such a notion working at all? Hebr 4:9-10. Since such a believer has entered in to the Sabbath rest of Yeshua, he/she should not work ever,right?
    5 Since the is no special day for Sabbath, why do most christians celebrate a day of rest on the day of sun worship that the catholic church adopted in favour of the Sabbath that Yeshua followers kept?
    I hope this can lead to a good discussion based on scripture.

Comment

<i>"1 Is Yeshua out to lunch in Matt 5:17-20 when He proclaims that the instructions and the prophets will not disappear until heaven and earth disappear?"</i>

The Law has definitely not been changed.

<i>"2 Since the Sabbath commandment is part of the ten, are the other 9 also void?"</i>

Why would you say that? The commandment says;

Exodus 20:8-9, "Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all <u>thy</u> work:"

Hebrews 4:10, "For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his."

<i>"3 Is Isa 66:22-24 talking about something other than the new heaven and new earth that belivers have a hope to inhabit?"</i>

I believe this is talking about the millenium age, the thousand year rule by Yahshua.

<i>"4 Why is a beliver in such a notion working at all? Hebr 4:9-10. Since such a believer has entered in to the Sabbath rest of Yeshua, he/she should not work ever,right?"</i>

Common sense would tell one that working for the Lord would include seeing to one's bodily needs so one could continue to work for the Lord.

In effect, seeing to one's bodily needs would then be the Lord's work.

<i>"5 Since the is no special day for Sabbath, why do most christians celebrate a day of rest on the day of sun worship that the catholic church adopted in favour of the Sabbath that Yeshua followers kept?"</i>

I could only attribute it to Biblical illiteracy.

Comment

OlHoss
        Thanks for not slinging mud!!
        Yeshua is Gods word that became flesh. John 1:14. The word that became flesh was Torah,the Prophets and the writings=Tanak.(westerners OT)
        Yeshua became the living Torah. How can Yeshua be other than according to Torah? And my question is very logical. If we can change one commandment, why not change all? The 4th commandment is the longest, most detailed commandment.
        Interestingly we divide our year according to the earths travel one turn around the sun and the day according to the earth spinning one revolution, but organising the days into seven and calling them weeks have no natural connection. Months can be tied to the moon phases and is scriptural since the first instruction was to celebrate new moon. Sun worshippers are idolaters.
        The only reason for a seven day week is Gods word!
        Since the Sabbath is a commandment and since God wants us to keep the seventh day holy. Since the Sabbath has been kept until Yeshua came and since Yeshua kept the Sabbath and since all the disciples kept the Sabbath. Since the Sabbath was changed by humansto sun-day. And since we obviously are to keep the Sabbath in the millenium, is it possible maybe that Hebrews talks about how people, gentiles and israelites alike can enter in to Gods rest by faith. Is it possible that Hebrews 4 talks about how Israels people were disobedient and had a hard time to enter Canan?
        Verse 9:There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; 10for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from his.
        The only thing preventing us to enter that rest is disobedience, verse 11 Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will fall by following their example of disobedience.

Common sense have gotten lots of believers in trouble.
        The only firm thing is Gods word and His instructions.Rom 3:4
        Verse 12:For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
        This is, again, Not NT ( since it was not written yet) that is referred to but it is Tanak and Torah especially.
        Yeshau says that the law stands in Matt 5.
        Paul emphasises that we should uphold the law, Rom 3:31
        Even to the Gentiles that it talks about in Acts 15, that had a hard time to learn and follow the law it was decided by the whole council what James said: That they should start with these 4 things:1 abstain from food polluted by idols 2 abstain from sexual immorality 3 abstain from meat from strangled animals and 4 not eat blood. Verse 21:For Moses has been preached in every city from the earliest times and is read in the synagogues on every Sabbath." This is where they should learn: on Sabbath, in the synagogue, learning from Moshe.

Has God really changed His Holy day-the Sabbath? The day we are to honour and keep in remembrance YHVH, Adonai, Hashem??Abraham, Isaacs and Jacobs God!

Another topic. Do you know that the catholic church has changed the ten commandments and also the name of God?

Comment

<i>"Yeshua is Gods word that became flesh. John 1:14. The word that became flesh was Torah,the Prophets and the writings=Tanak.(westerners OT)
          Yeshua became the living Torah. How can Yeshua be other than according to Torah?"</i>

You've answered your own question. Yahshua became God's Word in the flesh. He became the Sabbath.

Sabbath means "rest". We find our rest in Him every day, not just one day of the week.

<i>"Months can be tied to the moon phases and is scriptural since the first instruction was to celebrate new moon."</i>

Actually, Numbers 10:10 refers to the beginning of the month, not new moon. <i>chodesh</i> means "month", or "monthly". Nothing to do with the moon.

Further, you will find prophecies concerning the "children of darkness" are <b>always</b> given in moons. While prophecies concerning the "children of light" are <b>always</b> given in days.

1 Thessalonians 5:5, "Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness."

<i>"...since Yeshua kept the Sabbath and since all the disciples kept the Sabbath."</i>

Yahshua didn't keep the Sabbath in the way you are seeming to imply. He did work on the Sabbath. He healed and picked corn on the Sabbath. But it wasn't His work, it was the Father's work.

I won't be commenting on any particular denomination. Discussing God's Word is more than sufficient for me.

Comment

OlHoss
            Good Bible discussion!

Thank you for acknowledging Yeshua being the living word of God-Torah. Part of Torah is Exodus 20:8-11 (the fourth commandment)8Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
            9Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
            10But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
            11For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Verse 9: Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work
            This is common sense, right?

The rest we have in Yeshua is compared to when Israels people were led out of captivity and entered Caanan. Compare chapter 3 and 4 and read the whole thing in context.I.e ch 3 v7-11. It is a warning against unbelief.ch 4 v 2 talks about believers and non-believers.

If you look at this passage ch 4 v 3:
            For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

See he says"if they shall enter into my rest". It is a choice and we all know that salvation is by faith in Yeshua so that nobody can boast. Also he states "although the works were finished from the foundation of the world". Since the work was finished from the foundation of the world would indicate that nothing after the foundation of the world would change the works, right?
            Like v 9 states:There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God;

Exodus31:12-13 says;And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
            13Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you.
            "For generations to come" means until there are no more generations.

Who are the children of Israel? Eph 3:4-6; In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5which was not made known to men in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God's holy apostles and prophets. 6This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

Israels people or Gods household are those who believe that Yeshua is who He said He is, and accept Him as Lord .

Regarding New Moon. This is what mr Strong has to say about chodesh:
            2320 chodesh from 'chadash' (2318); the new moon; by implication, a month:--month(-ly), new moon.
            2318 chadash
            khaw-dash'
            a primitive root; to be new; causatively, to rebuild:--renew, repair.
            This is what MS Encarta has to say about month.
            Month, period of time, originally measured with reference to the revolution of the moon;

It has all to do with the moon!
            As I referred to before in Isaiah 66 it talks about BOTH Sabbaths and New moons to be kept once the new heaven and the new earth is established. It is established in verse 23 "from one New Moon to another and from one Sabbath to another"that the days are not running together consecutive but rather are distinguished from one to another with space in between(28 days and six days).

Can you explain more in detail where in the Bible you find the connection between the moon and the children of darkness?

Very interesting comment that Yeshua worked on the Sabbath. IF He did He would have committed a sin under the old covenant and thereby He would not have been sin free.
            Yeshua did not commit any sin, He was totally and utterly sinfree, so I want to ask you sincerely if you, sir, are implying that Yeshua committed sin?
            I would also strongly suggest that none of the disciples broke the Sabbath either!

So whatever actions Yeshua and His disciples did during Sabbath were kosher according to Moshe.
            Remember that the religious leaders of that time had implemented many "fence-laws" by themselves for which they were called broad of vipers and white washed toombs.

Sabbath according to mr Strong means:
            to repose, i.e to desist from exertion. This fits perfectly with the description God had about to rest the seventh day from work.Day 1-6 exert yourselves, day 7 desist from exertion.
            So anybody that proclaims to celebrate an everyday rest should desist from exertion everyday. That sounds like common sense and logic, doesn't it?

Funny how by not mentioning you actually mention!!

Most denominations are demon-nations full of man made religious "laws" and gospels of pastor so and so.

Gods word sets free and is the truth.
            It is the manual that has been issued by the manufacturer.
            Shalom

Comment

OlHoss
              I didn't mean to offend you and if I did I appologize.
              I have to speak what is on my mind.
              If I am out to lunch, set me straight.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...
              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.