• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB

As I understand it, the CWB markets large amounts of Alberta grain (including mine)to specialty markets in North Africa and other countries that prefer to deal with a single seller. I have traded currencies and commodities for over thirty years now, so let me make a comment here if I may. At various times it may seem that a speciality seller is of no moment, and this may be one of those times. One must take the long view here in my considered opinion. Speciality markets, like so many others, move in cycles and the time will almost assuredly come when the strength of a single market seller will once again make itself felt. To destroy the CWB now on the basis of a short term return that may not hold up is not the way to proceed. I am inclined to give the CWB the benefit of the doubt. Let's see what their slowly built up list of contacts can do. For those who do not feel comfortable with the CWB, I would simply say that one should be careful for what one wishes: one might get it!

Well put!!!!!!!

These over-financed, must manage my fixed cost per acre by overpaying for excessive and unmanagable amounts ofland, ag-ec degree farmers are going to get one hell of an awakining soon.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...
    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.