• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grain Movement

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grain Movement

How's the grain moving in your area? What types and/or qualities seem to be moving? Elevator space on the prairies is about 17% 'free' which is very tight still, but it is a little better than the previous week. The farm press has had articles about conflicts on grain transportation -- are you seeing anything different in the country or is it about the same as most years? I'm interested in your local conditions, so please indicate your town/area when you reply.

I deliver at Lacombe and shipping there has been the worst we have ever seen. Had one spot in early september and another late october. Some shipping since but still poor and staff say they are loosing or having amount of cars cut back from what was booked. Obvious that small points ( 25 cars and less) are getting short changed in favor of the large terminals. My question then becomes who is driving the system the railways , the grain companies or both and to what degree? As usual when farmers try to find answers everyone passes the buck to someone else in the system. So much for transportation reform.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...
    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.