• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cwb Advertising ?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone made a judgment call, Vader, well hoop de do, a judgment call. Instead of blaming the staff why wouldn't you announce, right here on this board, that at the next cwb board meeting you would see that this kind of blatant miss appropriation of producers final payment dollars is stopped. You are telling me the staff runs the cwb. Stop being a puppet, Vader, it's time the board of directors take over and start doing their job.

Yes I am a farmer, you are a cwb director are you not?

Not only does the cwb advertise in SARM's magazine, it is a gold sponsor for the conventions. What amount does a gold sponsor donate? $3,000.00? Sarm is quite able to finance its conventions on its own. Very simple, SARM needs more money, it's members simply increase the mill rate 1 or 2 mills. FYI, the RM I'm located in gets 75% of its tax dollars from commercial assessment. I feel very strongly that farmers final payment dollars shouldn't be used for the benefit of the oil patch.

As far as the advertising being worthwhile since farmers read it, Vader, it is not required. You've got me as a customer, you don't need to throw advertising my way, the chains and leg irons do it for me. Like I said before, make it voluntary and I won't care where or how you advertise.

Comment

wedino, I haven't seen the SARM advertising, so until I have I won't comment any further on whether it is appropriate or not. I do stand by me statement that it is a staff function. It is not the board of directors duty to scrutinize the content of individual advertising pieces. It may be part of an overall strategic direction through the farmer relations committee. I understand that you are opposed to any of your final payment dollars being spent in this way but then you are completely opposed to everything that the cwb does. The cwb must take a more balanced approach to how it conducts it business than to cease and decist at the very utterance of discontent from detractors such as yourself.

wd9, voters will never vote 100%. As it stands today 75% of voters are in support of keeping the cwb alive and well. We may argue about whether that means that a dual market can function but that does not change the desire of farmers to maintain the cwb.

If cwb detractors grow in numbers to the point that they can elect a majority of the directors they can have their way with the organization. All power to you. I guess this ties back to the advertising piece. If farmers lack knowledge they might in fact choose to get rid of the cwb. By keeping farmers informed we can make sure that they make wise decisions and vote in directors who can likewise make those wise decisions.

Comment

Just a question about where the 75 % came from. 2004 election results? Internal CWB polling? Outside polling? This would not reflect the numbers I have seen.

As a note, there is another view of the world. I encourage to review the Alberta's market choice pamphlets (current and previous).

http://www.choicematters.gov.ab.ca/

Comment

Charlie,
          What would I learn that is " new " from that website or the pamphlets? I have said before I want choice, but nice pamphlets and websites just keep the status quo. Sorry if I am not that enthusiastic about the Alberta gov'ts talk on this subject anymore.

Comment

At the end of the day, it is not the silverbacks of the world the choice matters campaign is aimed. Nor are the hard core CWB supporters. The target is the individuals who are not committed to either side but rather are looking for information. The objective is too show there are many opportunities in a more open market and that the sun would indeed shine the next day if farmers had true choice with a CWB option. It is also to provide a vision for the future and where the Alberta government sees the industry in 5 to 10 years.

Comment

But didn't this program start 5 or more years ago itself? What are we waiting for? What has to change in order to start our dual market?

I have an idea. How about I call you tomorrow and I will be the first volunteer farm to start some sort of dual market, or choice market, marketing plan? I know I could use your help as you have been very helpful with your posts and market watching. Then the Gov't will have the start of a test case to show the rest of the designated area.

Sound good?? It would be great right around election time?

Comment

re: wd9, voters will never vote 100%. As it stands today 75% of voters are in support of keeping the cwb alive and well.

As Charlie said, where on earth does that number come from? I guess it was read in an advertisement and became fact.

Comment

Guys, could this possibly happen?

Maybe the CWB's Liberal appointees told their pollster, David Herle to come up with the 75%.

He agreed, (I'd be interested to see what was the contract $$$ worth), and presented it to the B of Directors.

Now it's a fact.
                  Parsley

Comment

WD9...

Ever heard that perception is reality?

Spend enough millions convincing farmers they would be bankrupt without the CWB... guess what... 75% support the single desk monopoly... especially if the polling is done to fit an pre-determined outcome by the liberal top dog of Canada in charge of Paul and Ralphie G's power base.

Comment

Interesting.

Quoting Vader: It is not the board of directors duty to scrutinize the content of individual advertising pieces.

Well, that may be true. It may not be your "duty"... however, the buck has to stop somewhere, and in the corporate world, that would be at the BOD. And from what I see you have a pile of shareholders who are asking why money is being spent that way. Instead of pleading ignorance, I would think you would be finding some answers.

Comment

Yes I have Tom4CWB, for those who haven't:

Perception is reality, the facts are up for debate.

When I look back over the respondents to the original post I would say 75% were not in support of actions of the WCWB. Surely there has to be someone in support of the WCWB that visit Agriville and could help Vader out, isn't there?

Comment

wd9,

Who in their right mind would want to expose themselves to this constant harangue against the CWB? It is like being part of a tag team match where one is pitted against a gang of thugs.

Comment

Are you saying you're not in your right mind? (My turn to buy coffee for that one)

Really, we're not thugs, quite cogent however. Also still really curious how the 75% was derived.

Comment

Probably just my personal opinion, but then I am out of my mind.

Comment

T4 Millions?? I have never seen an ad saying the CWB will prevent farmers from going bankrupt, could you paste a copy of that ad here?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...