• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US exports 10.9B Ag to Canada

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US exports 10.9B Ag to Canada

Charlie;

Did you see this:

Canada remains the top export destination for U.S. agricultural goods with an estimated US$10.9 billion coming here, as reported on DTN today.

What is the breakdown, and why do we import so much?

What markets in Ag are we missing to supply domestically so much?

Tom4CWB, ever try growing carrots in Dog River saskatchewan in December????

Comment

Wd9;

No... but possibly we should in one of those hydroponic fish producing new green houses...beside a power plant with "free" heat?

Comment

Or;

DO we set up an ethanol plant that co-gens heat for a greenhouse fish production facility... down in a salt cavern so we use the natural heat of the ground year around?

I understand they now spray line the salt caverns and can store just about anything in them! Pipe down the sun light with solar pipes?

What do you think WD9... doesn't $60US/barrel oil really change just about everything?

Comment

Statscan numbers indicate Canada imports about $12.3 bln of US agri-food products in 2004. At the same time, Canada exported $16.4 mln of agri-food products (keeping in mind the closed border to Canada for beef and the US wheat tariff).

I found another site that is interesting and that is our balance of trade with the world/US.

http://www40.statcan.ca/l01/cst01/gblec02a.htm?sdi=trade

I note Canada has a $100 bln surplus with the US.

Comment

Those poor american guys on the beef post seem to imply that we are hurting them because it is only our products heading south.

Comment

I'll keep looking for those numbers Tom4CWB. Here in Ottawa all week and looking forward to going home.

Ya, Biodiesel is getting close to paying and we've always thought that when that happens, farming no longer made economical sense. Woo hoo, we've arrived.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...