• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AWB monopoly... What a Trick!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AWB monopoly... What a Trick!

Charlie;

Did you see this?

AWB uses US Export Credits... USDA suspends AWB:

http://www.uswheat.org/newsRelease/doc/35AC883EC1F1469F852570BA0057DEC8?OpenDocument#

"U.S. Wheat Associates, the wheat marketing group that called for the suspension, said in a news release last week the illicit payments to Iraqi officials were not the only reason AWB should be barred from using the U.S. credit programs.

AWB sold U.S. soybeans to a private buyer in Indonesia in 2004 and registered the sale for 65 percent risk guarantee coverage under the USDA Supplier Credit Guarantee Program. The buyer defaulted and AWB asked USDA for reimbursement. After the default, USDA shut down all U.S. government export financing programs in Indonesia, making it impossible to use the program to sell U.S. wheat to that country, U.S. Wheat Associates said.

At the same time, Australia maintained its own wheat financing program and Australian Trade Minister Mark Vaile credited AWB by using the program to sell $300 million in Australian wheat to Indonesia over five years, the press release said.

"In short, AWB blew up the U.S. export credit program for Indonesia, but maintained exclusive access to their own," U.S. Wheat Associates said in the news release. "Commercial buyers today in Indonesia want consideration of U.S. export credit financing to buy U.S. wheat (and soybeans and corn) but, because of the AWB program default, USDA is unwilling to consider any new credit facilities. No program translates into less U.S. exports."

One must give the Ausies top marks for deceptive monopoly marketing innovation!

please read below post about news of awb scandal
    the plot is really starting to thicken

Comment

I see no place to read your article.

Comment

malleefarmer, I suspect your post contained website URLs. The Agri-ville site automatically removes webpage URLs from posts under certain conditions. I believe they're removed if they are in any form of bracket, either round ones or the lesser-than or greater-than ones. I'll check and see how it works.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...